Team pass thru - 3 time champions

Old 11-15-2015, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, you in for a crazy story?? Yesterday was the opener for rifle so I carried the 30.06 for the long shots and bow into the stand. First light I had a really nice 4x4 sneak in on me. I had the bow in hand and he got to about 10 yards of me but the only open window he gave me was a straight on shot. I hoped he would come more forward but he sniffed a little and turned around and walked back the way he came. Hearing tons of shooting close and me not seeing a thing I figured my day was going to go to hell quick. I sat and sat and then about 9:50(I did look at my watch out of curiosity) with the wind blowing a really good direction, I decided to light up a cigarette. Don't criticize me just yet. Got into about 2 puffs of it when I hear footsteps. Turn around and a doe is 20 yards away looking behind her. I can see a rack running wild in the trees. I spit in my glove and put my smoke out, grabbed the bow and let her walk by. He come tromping in and I put the rage to him. Tried to let the heart slow down a tad but I turned and seen the doe standing broadside 15 yards from me. I hung the bow up, grabbed the rifle, did a quick swing and boom! Thought to myself, that was awesome! But it gets better. I go to hang the rifle up and here comes another doe walking in so I nocked up another arrow. She hung in the cover for a little bit and made her way out and she took another rage. In the matter of 5 minutes I had 3 permits filled. Messed up by not waiting for a buck on my rifle but this will always be a cool hunt to remember!!! And so my deer seasons are over!

Doe-25 points
Buck ( I used boone calc from rifle contest rules)

tip to tip 11 1/4
greatest spread- 16 5/8
inside spread- 14 3/4

G1 3 5/8 3 3/4
G2 7 1/2 6
G3 5 1/2 4 7/8

Main Beam 17 16 7/8

Circumference
3 7/8 3 5/8
3 5/8 3 3/8
3 3
2 1/2 2 1/2

TOTAL 102 4/8
Old 11-16-2015, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats Mottz. Sounds like a heck of a hunt (and work after )

I went out from Thurs morning till Sunday evening and only seen a 6 doe and 3 fork horns. Had to deal with the quail hunters on Sat and Sun though. Had several groups of them that give the rest bad names. They have no respect for deer hunters. No use ranting now lol. The rut seems to still be in the future here. Just started seeing a few rubs and scrapes but with the rifle season starting here on Sat it may be kind of hard to get an upgrade. I have that nice one out by the house but he is still just coming around at night. Anyway I'll be back out at the public on Friday evening or Sat morning. Good luck
Old 11-16-2015, 06:40 AM
Fork Horn

Right on Ryan!!!

That's a crazy story! You need to take some pics and throw 'em in a scrap book because you'll be sharing that one for years to come!
Old 11-16-2015, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

OUTSTANDING!!! And thats how a champion gets it done Ryan!

Last edited by On_Point; 11-16-2015 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:42 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jemrami9
Greetings gang! Jesse checking back in once again. Good news, buck down! Nothing huge but we'll get at least a hundred points for it.... Pictures coming soon.
Nice job brother, now lets get him entered on the scorecard.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats Mottz thats how you do it. Glad to see someone is having some success.
I on the other hand continue to be a disappointment. Saturday morning i had a dandy come in following a doe. He proceeded to slowly walk to 15 yards and stop. I came to full draw and waited for him to move just a little more and never did. Instead of letting down i crouched down to get a clear shot and shot right under him. Yes at 15 yards. I'm guessing when i crouched down i changed my arm angle or something that through my shot off. It has been a pretty disappointing year for me because of my own mistakes. I think i have the bowhunting equivalent to the shanks. I have seen 3 bucks over 140 on this odnr hunt and the one i missed was 150 or better. Some how i have to stay positive because we have this hunt again for 2 more weeks the last two weeks in December. I have some awesome video footage of a nice buck breeding a doe and chasing other bucks off. That was the most fun i've ever had while sitting on stand. All of this has been good learning experience for me and all i can do is get better from here.
Old 11-17-2015, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Good work guys! Haven't forgotten, pics and score coming shortly. Issues wit jets at work have had me busy since Saturday yuk!!!
Old 11-18-2015, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator

Anyone heard from Afton aka (ArkansasMountainMan)
Old 11-22-2015, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got mine entered on the scorecard. Jesse, you need to get the buck posted up here. I want to see that guy. Ryan, I feel your pain because I normally have the crappiest luck. But in my mindset, it can all change in 1 minute and all the mess-ups have to pay off for some reason. At least that's what I tell myself! We are doing pretty good but we need more points up there. Need to hear from our missing team members. Hope everything is alright with them!
Old 11-29-2015, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

Bow deer finally. Sorry for the delay, gun season in Wisconsin. Kept me busy but did well there too! Just an 8 pointer but decent enough for the team. Always nice to cash in and help the cause! Score will be posted later today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.