Team pass thru - 3 time champions

Old 11-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I completely whiffed it on a doe this morning. (Finally getting some deer though.) Anyway, I had a doe come in, I drew on her and she just would not get into a clearing, even though she was 5 yards from my stand. She jumped the fence and joined another doe in the field and slowly walked away. I was just standing shaking my head in disbelief figuring this was my luck and I turned my head and there was another doe looking at me at 15 yards. I froze, and she calmly put her head down. I swung around and she lifted her head quick, I released and it shaved a little hair off her back. I rushed it too much. But in all my mis- fortune, I do have Monday and Tuesday off, a few good bucks running around and hopefully some deer love is in the air!
Old 11-08-2015, 04:10 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mottz
I completely whiffed it on a doe this morning. (Finally getting some deer though.) Anyway, I had a doe come in, I drew on her and she just would not get into a clearing, even though she was 5 yards from my stand. She jumped the fence and joined another doe in the field and slowly walked away. I was just standing shaking my head in disbelief figuring this was my luck and I turned my head and there was another doe looking at me at 15 yards. I froze, and she calmly put her head down. I swung around and she lifted her head quick, I released and it shaved a little hair off her back. I rushed it too much. But in all my mis- fortune, I do have Monday and Tuesday off, a few good bucks running around and hopefully some deer love is in the air!
I think we've all been there (I know I have!). Throw some field tips on those arrows, concentrate on your anchor, and throw a couple rounds at the target. It helps to boost your confidence level and get yourself back into the methodical routine of the shot.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator

Finally got a shooter showing up and its only 50 yrds from my back porch. I hunted back there all weekend and only seen 2 spikes and a doe with yearling. Doesn't seem to be much rut activity going up back there though. I'll check the cameras more often and get back after him if he shows up. I'll be headed back out to the public I hunt on Thursday. I picked up a millennium t100 tripod to carry back into a few of my spots. the grass is too high to see over and not very many trees to put a stand in. Hopefully this will up my odds a little.
Attached Thumbnails Team pass thru - 3 time champions-backyard-buck.jpg   Team pass thru - 3 time champions-buck.jpg  
Old 11-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry i haven't posted in awhile but been busy getting ready for this hunt my name got drawn for. The hunt started Saturday and I have seen a ton of deer. The problem is it is an earn a buck hunt and of course i had a 130 to 140 get to 30 yards and i hadn't shot a doe yet. I have seen about 8 or 9 different bucks in about 40 deer. Its been alot of fun. Well i finally got me a doe this morning and i have 2 more days to hunt. Hopefully i can close the door on a nice one.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

Greetings gang! Jesse checking back in once again. Good news, buck down! Nothing huge but we'll get at least a hundred points for it.... Pictures coming soon.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job guys, can't wait to see the pics! I had an eventful morning but no deer. Had a decoy out and I had 2 does come into it. I was drawn back and ready to go when 2 smaller bucks came in and started chasing them around. Figured for sure a bigger buck had to be near so I didn't let an arrow fly. Not to happen that way. Deer were constantly in the field running around and I had 5 different bucks sniffin my decoy. But not one of them was bigger than my decoy. Then about 11 am someone flipped a switch and everything stopped. Going to try a different area tomorrow and I hope something is going to hit the ground. I'm due for a little deer success
Old 11-10-2015, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

Great job gentlemen, keep up the fine work. We're showing them why we've won this thing 3 years straight & we're in line to do it again. Keep up the momentum.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Spent all day in the woods and had 1 spike buck staring at me for 5 min 10 yards from my stand. Other than that, I didn't see a deer! My luck just keeps getting better and better!
Old 11-11-2015, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys what a fun last 5 days i just had. I seen over 20 different bucks and had close encounters with one buck about 140 and another about 160. The 140 i had at about 35 yards but couldn't shoot because i didn't harvest a doe yet. The 160 buck i had at 10 yards the problem was he came in behind me and i didn't know he was there until he already spotted me. I still have some time in this section. I can hunt this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Then we have this property again during Christmas time. I am pumped with the chance to harvest a nice buck. The rumor is there are 2 bucks between 180 and 200 on this property. Only time will tell guys. I't going big or going home this year. I'm looking for 150 or above so if i don't get a buck then i apologize. I have a video of a good buck i will try to post on our facebook page.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RisnerPSE
Well guys what a fun last 5 days i just had. I seen over 20 different bucks and had close encounters with one buck about 140 and another about 160. The 140 i had at about 35 yards but couldn't shoot because i didn't harvest a doe yet. The 160 buck i had at 10 yards the problem was he came in behind me and i didn't know he was there until he already spotted me. I still have some time in this section. I can hunt this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Then we have this property again during Christmas time. I am pumped with the chance to harvest a nice buck. The rumor is there are 2 bucks between 180 and 200 on this property. Only time will tell guys. I't going big or going home this year. I'm looking for 150 or above so if i don't get a buck then i apologize. I have a video of a good buck i will try to post on our facebook page.
I'm jealous! Need a hunting partner?:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.