Team 2

Old 09-12-2015, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

I start in next weekend. Will be in Missouri until the end of October and then will hunt iowa for the prerut and rut.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a nice looking deer Golfpro! Hope you get him!

I really wanted to be in the mountains this weekend, but I have to work tomorrow. I hate working Sundays, but a man has to do what a man has to do! I will be back up there next weekend.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

golfpro, that looks nice! My Ohio season opens in 2 weekends.
-Jake
Old 09-23-2015, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

Saw some little bucks last weekend. They were sparring and messing around. I shot a coyote. Not a lot of action but it was nice to get out.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodline Bucks
Saw some little bucks last weekend. They were sparring and messing around. I shot a coyote. Not a lot of action but it was nice to get out.
There are tons of coyotes at my place. Get them in 3-5 packs on camera too. One of them is running around on 3 legs as well.

I had an idea and I think it's going to work. I found 2 downed trees on my woods and put them in 3 spots in this field. One is at 25 yards to my stand straight out and the other 2 are off to each side at 35 yards. I took an inch wood bit and drilled some holes in them and put some of the branches from the downed tree in the holes and screwed it in. You can see the one small buck checking one out in the background. Got times of buck activity on this plot of oats/rye and honey hole by antler King. I hope they check this field all times of day come rut.
Here is that buck out of velvet.

Last edited by golfpro261; 09-23-2015 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

Bad news.

Monday I injuried my right draw back shoulder. Not sure what's exactly wrong with it but I have a friend or 2 I can reach out to about using a cross bow if this is serious. It's still not getting better but I'm hoping for the best.

I hope I can contribute to the team still!
Old 09-26-2015, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Ohio opened today. Work today and tomorrow though. May be able to sneak out for a few hours monday morning.
-Jake
Old 09-27-2015, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Colorado closed today. No luck on my end. My attention will turn to areas outside Colorado.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

I'll be out from 1-dark today... My first hunt of the archery season. Hope to get something, i have very limited time this season with a baby on the way in October.
-Jake
Old 10-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I'll be out from 1-dark today... My first hunt of the archery season. Hope to get something, i have very limited time this season with a baby on the way in October.
-Jake
Best of luck! Congrats on the kid!! My 2 hunting buddies that take a week with me at my land, one of them just had his second son last week. So he will not have quite as much time to hunt.

I found out that I have a torn labrum in my right shoulder. Looking into the crossbow plans now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.