Community

Team 3 - Dead Deer Walking

Old 11-24-2015, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks you guys. Little Chief, we used to be able to shoot 2 whitetail bucks in this region but it has been cut to one for about 15 or 20 years now. Now we can get 1 buck and, during a couple brief periods, 1 doe. Or 2 bucks as long as one is a whitetail and one a mule deer. Or travel to a different far off region and get a second whitetail. They try to make it as complicated as possible.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Shot this little guy Thanksgiving Eve. At the rate I've been going, any legal buck would work... he'll taste good. Not much for score, but i'll take him.

Old 12-02-2015, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a nice buck! Archery kills are all trophys to me. One thing I hate to see is hunters apologizing or downplaying the size of the deer they shoot because it is not some giant antlered deer who lives on thousands of private acres. I know you are not doing that but congrats again on a successful season.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Tribal
Congrats on a nice buck! Archery kills are all trophys to me. One thing I hate to see is hunters apologizing or downplaying the size of the deer they shoot because it is not some giant antlered deer who lives on thousands of private acres. I know you are not doing that but congrats again on a successful season.
I'll second this. They're all trophy's. Some of them will adorn our walls, but they all end up on our dinner plates, and that's what I'm most thankful for!
Old 12-02-2015, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Western MA Hunter
Shot this little guy Thanksgiving Eve. At the rate I've been going, any legal buck would work... he'll taste good. Not much for score, but i'll take him.
Congratulations! You're doing a heck of a lot better than I am.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I'll finally be able to get back out in the woods Saturday afternoon. I'd like to hunt Friday afternoon and Saturday morning but I have my St. Jude half-marathon to run Saturday morning. I'll have my truck loaded and parked at the St. Jude campus and I'll head out as soon as I finish.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

Western MA - that's terrific. Nice to see everyone's successes. Try as I might, as you know, I couldn't get 'er done with the bow this year. Congratulations to you.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Canuck_2
Western MA - that's terrific. Nice to see everyone's successes. Try as I might, as you know, I couldn't get 'er done with the bow this year. Congratulations to you.
I know how you feel. Fortunately, I still have until the end of February to hunt with a bow. Of course, the contest ends before that, but I still have a lot of time.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bow season is over. Shotgun opened last Monday. I went opening day and haven't been since. I moved this past weekend which consumed all of that time. Between that and work I can't find time to get out.
Taking my 9 year old daughter out to NY w/ this Sat AM. Hoping to get her her first deer. My 11 year old took a fat doe earlier this year from this spot w/ crossbow.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:18 PM
Typical Buck

WMAHunter, best of luck to your daughter. Keep us apprised of your adventures.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.