Community

Team 3 - Dead Deer Walking

Old 11-04-2015, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

my daughter scored on a big doe over the weekend...
It's been slow this week otherwise.. super warm.
headed out for a trip to western NY tomorrow... hunting Fri-Mon.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations to you and your daughter! That must be a great feeling.

My big trip to Missouri starts Saturday morning. I'd forgotten what a hassle it is to try and buy/pack everything you need for an 11 day hunting trip.

I'm getting excited since my son who is in the Air Force will be arriving at camp early Monday morning. We haven't hunted together in about five years.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

So, is anyone on the team besides Western MA Hunter hunting or did you all suddenly decide to take up golf?

I can't wait to get back after them Saturday.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by LittleChief
So, is anyone on the team besides Western MA Hunter hunting or did you all suddenly decide to take up golf?

I can't wait to get back after them Saturday.
Couldn't hit a golf ball to save my life. I'll be out tomorrow afternoon if I can sneak out of work. Otherwise, I'll be out Saturday and Sunday. We have a nice cold front coming through tonight/tomorrow that should stir things up.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:07 PM
Spike

Team name shouldn't be "death from above", not all of us hunt from stands 😃
Old 11-05-2015, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Were all here I think, but not having to much sightings, mostly does and some smaller bucks. Myself and two of my sons are going to do a all day sit this weekend in the river bottoms of durand [wi] we have taken a 144 and 150 out of the bottoms in the last 4 years hopefully it will happen this weekend.After the rut will take a doe for some meat for the freezer.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:18 AM
Fork Horn

Finally filled my Kentucky tag on this 8 pointer. After the season I've had and few more places to hunt there was no way I was going to let him walk. 3 minutes after I hit the rattle bag and grunted a few times this guy came in running, stopped and made 2 scrapes, and rubbed a tree right in front of me. I've never had a buck to that while I was in the stand. Hope everyone else is getting some time to hunt, and good luck!

" />
Old 11-06-2015, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

Western MA Hunter, excellent to hear about your daughter's success. Big pat on the back for her.

Little Chief, good luck in Missouri. Will be anxious to hear of your success.

jag-mag, good luck to you, too. Sounds like a sweet spot.

Lightsout, beauty buck! A hearty congrats. I hope I can follow suit.

Looks like we have a really good, active team here. I've been cooling my jets a bit lately, waiting for the rut to kick in. Should see the bucks wandering in the daytime soon. Good luck one and all.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lightsout
Finally filled my Kentucky tag on this 8 pointer. After the season I've had and few more places to hunt there was no way I was going to let him walk. 3 minutes after I hit the rattle bag and grunted a few times this guy came in running, stopped and made 2 scrapes, and rubbed a tree right in front of me. I've never had a buck to that while I was in the stand. Hope everyone else is getting some time to hunt, and good luck!
Fantastic! Congratulations on a great buck!
Old 11-06-2015, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm all loaded up and ready to leave at 5:00 am for Missouri. I'll be bow hunting for 7 days straight and then the MO gun season opens on the 14th. The first two days I'll be all alone at camp. My son will get there Monday morning, and my nephew and brother will show up on Thursday morning. This hunt is something I live for every year.

My wife said "Good Lord! You're packing everything but the kitchen sink". I just replied "I have one of those in the camper".

I do tend to over-pack. I not only packed my back-up bow, but I also packed a back-up gun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.