Community

Team 3 - Dead Deer Walking

Old 10-06-2015, 04:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

nothing again last night...
Old 10-06-2015, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like the mythical "October lull" isn't so mythical after all. I've always wondered what causes the deer to all but disappear in early to mid October.

Oh well, all I know is in exactly one month my "rutcation" starts. I'll be hunting every weekend until then, but on Friday, 6 November I'm off for a week and a half and will be hunting hard in Kentucky and then Missouri.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

Hi crew. I got back yesterday from a month in Ireland. Jet lag is great because I woke up without the alarm clock this morning, put on the gear, and headed off into the bush. It was pretty much a scouting foray because I had no idea what the deer were doing after a month away, and I saw only a few does. Hope to pick it up a bit over the next day or two. Good luck to you all.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

hope to get out tomorrow afternoon and sunday am in NY.... if I don't get rained out tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

team I been hunting hard every weekend. 2 weekends ago I thought I had a doe on the board. but that just didn't happen. After all I got a freezer full of vension out of that. I've been out the last two weekends here at fort Campbell, not seen much of anything going on. it's pretty dead seems like. i'll be out again tomorrow evening and Monday in a place that I've seen a 135' 8 point and a 130' 10 pointer. But then again it is October and we'll see if I can't get lucky! Good Luck!

Last edited by Lightsout; 10-12-2015 at 08:14 AM.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:51 AM
Dominant Buck

3stone has been added to your team to replace your missing member.
Old 10-11-2015, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, here's hoping 3stone checks in. I tried to send him a PM but the system says he has chosen not to receive private messages. We'll see.

On another note, does anyone have any more votes for a team name or the team captain? We sorta need to get that out of the way.
Old 10-11-2015, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default team name

How about

Team White-Tailed Whackers

Or Team Double Lungers
Old 10-11-2015, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

1.stick it were it hurts.
2.team splitting hairs
3. straight shooters.
4. silent death.
5. venision collectors.
Old 10-11-2015, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I'm significantly disgruntled. Does opened here yesterday morning and I had an almost chance. Then during the day I tripped while carrying my wife's giant flower pot and ripped my shoulder. Can't come even close to drawing my bow. We're going away for about 10 days tomorrow and I hope, with limited use, it'll heal up by the time we get back.

As for team captain, I figured we had that one totally nailed down...LittleChief.
Some entirely fine names have been suggested and I'm good with whatever is chosen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.