Team 3 - Dead Deer Walking

Old 09-22-2015, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

LittleChief congrats on the doe!

I think LittleChief would be a good team captain, i'll throw my vote towards him.

I'm hunted opening weekend at Fort Campbell, KY seen two does and a buck just couldn't cut the deal. I should get Friday off so i'll be out 3 days this weekend trying to make it happen. Good Luck team!
Old 09-23-2015, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lightsout
LittleChief congrats on the doe!

I think LittleChief would be a good team captain, i'll throw my vote towards him.

I'm hunted opening weekend at Fort Campbell, KY seen two does and a buck just couldn't cut the deal. I should get Friday off so i'll be out 3 days this weekend trying to make it happen. Good Luck team!
Glad you made it, brother. Good luck in Kentucky this weekend. The full moon should make it interesting. Saturday is the season opener here in Tennessee, so I am going to stay home and hunt my little spot. I haven't had a lot of traffic so far this season, but the potential is there. Besides, I have to spend the occasional weekend home just to keep caught up on the honey-do list.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I vote little chief as well... and i'm good with any team name...
CT been slow... too warm. Things starting to cool down.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

deer coming through in the middle of the night, to hot out in wi it hit 80 degrees today.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well went out sat night. Saw 20 doe's and 3 small bucks. It was real windy so all the deer seemed a little jumpy. No big ones though. They've done the ol disappearing act. I just ordered a pre orbital lure from Smoky's. My uncle told me about it last night. He swears by it. So I went online and did a little research and was surprised to read nothing but great reviews and success with it. I'll let you guys know. Good luck
Old 09-28-2015, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

deernuts, I have had that smokey's preorbital work wonders... only small bucks though as my area did not have any big ones around...
definitely worth a shot.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the input. I was getting some nice ones mid sept then pooooof gone. One 8 id say would score high 140's he's a beast. So I'm gonna try it and see if he shows up.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Captain Little Chief! I like it.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was a windy weekend in Kentucky. I sat a wood edge overlooking a cut corn field Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. I was woefully underdressed for that 50 degree northeast wind gusting to around 30 mph in misting rain. The wind had the deer on edge and they didn't like being out in the open field, but they wouldn't come close to the edge I was hunting.

I did see four does/fawns Friday evening and 17 does and fawns on Saturday morning, but does were off the menu this weekend.

The only buck I saw was yesterday afternoon. I almost mistook him for a doe in the dim light. He was a little three point and he walked right to my tree and sniffed around.

It'll get better.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

no action this weekend... been slow... hopefully it will pick up soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.