Community

Team 4- Locked & Knocked

Old 11-02-2015, 09:10 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Didn't bow hunt any this weekend but got to spend some time with
my son for the MO youth season. We saw a great buck Saturday morning but he never offered a shot. My son passed on several does
and fawns waiting for a buck. Last night this deer came up out of a
draw and gave him about a 100 yard shot. He dropped him in his
tracks. I won't be able to get back into the bow stand until Sunday
and the following weekend is our rifle season.
Attached Thumbnails Team 4- Locked & Knocked-unnamed-1-.jpg  
Old 11-02-2015, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was just going to get down out of my stand and I heard foot steps. I saw what looked to be a pretty good buck to my left. He came right in and gave me an 8 yard broadside shot. He kicked, hit the ground, got back up and bolted off. With the time and visibility, I wasn't quite sure of shot placement. I did get my arrow and it had bright red blood on it. It wasn't covered but it definitely wasn't a gut shot. I walked to the last place I saw him and there was good blood there. Since I wasn't sure of the shot placement I backed out and my son and I are going back in the morning. If I had to guess I would say he is at least 20" wide and 150" or better. I think he was at least a 10.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your son.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome MOF... I went out almost everyday for the last week. Haven't seen much other than does and young bucks... Going out again in the morning. These warm temps aren't helping the evening hunts.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I saw this same buck at 7:40 in the morning. I almost had a shot then but he stopped a few feet short of my shooting lane and walked off. I sat all day for the first time ever and I believe it paid off even though it got warm. Hopefully I will have some good pics to post tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:15 AM
Spike

I hope you find him MOF.

I spent most of yesterday morning helping a buddy look for his deer.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

After going over all the sign, the arrow, the little bit of blood, the ground we covered, and playing the shot over in my head and conversing with the tracker we came to the conclusion this deer is still on his feet. So as bad as I feel right now, I want redemption that much more.

Last edited by ManofTheFall; 11-03-2015 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

This morning I only heard one about 15 minutes before shooting light. This evening I'm going back to where I sat Monday and hit that big one. I am fairly certain he is still alive. Haven't seen any buzzards and it's going on 3 days since I shot him. Hoping lightning will strike twice only this time I will be better prepared and ready!!!!!
Old 11-07-2015, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

Well, been on Stand for the better part of the last 6 days here in Wi. and have not seen one Buck, and only 3 Doe. Had very warm weather up until last night so I thought this morning would bring um to their feet, seen one Doe. Overall (from websites) it appears Wi is getting some big bucks down and there is a lot of action, I just haven't seen any of it and neither has a couple of people I know. Just came in for a bit to eat and will be headed back out.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Today was a pretty good day even though I didn't get to sling any arrows. In the morning I had a 150"-160" about 45 yards away but I didn't have a shot. My son saw 2 smallish bucks nudging a couple does. This evening I watched a 130" trail a doe on the hill behind me. Then 2 small bucks came storming on the scene and it broke loose. They got on that does behind and chased her all over the hill while the 130" basically stood by and watched. Then the smaller bucks got close to the 130" and he made one quick step towards them and they busted out of there. They stopped about 50 yards away and stood up on their back feet and started kicking each other in the face. I chuckled and thought stop fighting like girls and go at it like men. Then the doe starts down towards me and the buck is behind her. She stops about 50 yards short and heads into a small patch of trees. He heads down towards the bottom side of the trees and I thought I might have a shot but then off he goes in the trees. They stayed in there for about 10 minutes then she heads out the wrong way and off they go. Shortly after that the big buck I saw in the morning is making his way up from the bottom but light is fading fast. If I am to get a shot off he will have to be under 20 yards. He passed by me at 40 yards broadside but I just didn't have the light. I will be getting back at it on Monday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.