Team 4- Locked & Knocked

Old 09-19-2015, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

Had two young does in about 15 minutes ago, seen some others in the shadows, rain has stopped so I will sit a little longer
Old 09-19-2015, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

The last stand site is finished but it was a tough one. I do believe it is in a great spot. It is situated in a finger of woods about 70 yards wide. A little further down the finger it is surrounded by fields. Natural springs are close by and there is great bedding area on about 3 sides of it. The stand is situated between the 2 main travel corridor in the strip of woods. One path is about 25 yards away and the other path is like 30 yards. Great shooting lanes but still sufficient cover. I think I will hit this stand when the first big cold front hits if it has the right winds.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

Well I ran down to the lease to check my feeders and cameras and was a little disappointed. This was the oldest buck I had on camera so unless something else makes an appearance I guess he will become my target buck.

When you hunt low fence, free range Texas Hill country you never know what might make an appearance. I was surprised to find several black bucks on camera. Here are a couple of pictures of one of them.

-john
Old 09-21-2015, 11:16 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

I usually take the first part of season and try to hunt a buck but since I've not seen or got pics of much I decided to fill the freezer earlier than normal. I sat on a clover field Saturday night and saw 21 and not a buck to be seen.
Attached Thumbnails Team 4- Locked & Knocked-img_0739.jpg  
Old 09-21-2015, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the doe. I have to wait until the first Saturday in October before I can release an arrow. The wait is killing me.

-john
Old 09-21-2015, 03:44 PM
Typical Buck

Way to get us on the board DTC! I am still waiting for October 1st
Old 09-21-2015, 05:01 PM
car
Typical Buck

It sounded like a combine running in the bean field behind my woods tonight. If the beans are off it will make for a hard decision on where to hunt Sat morning. Been seeing bigger buck at another location.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job on the doe. I get my first chance on Saturday. Looks like currently that will tie us for the lead.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:44 AM
car
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by TX_Hoghunter
Well I ran down to the lease to check my feeders and cameras and was a little disappointed. This was the oldest buck I had on camera so unless something else makes an appearance I guess he will become my target buck.

When you hunt low fence, free range Texas Hill country you never know what might make an appearance. I was surprised to find several black bucks on camera. Here are a couple of pictures of one of them.

-john

Not a bad looking buck, not knowing what is going to show up on your trail cam would be cool.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:46 AM
car
Typical Buck

Have you ever have any axis deer show up? I would love to take one some day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.