Community

Team 4- Locked & Knocked

Old 09-28-2015, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

So, I go out to my one spot this evening and 50 yards away is a ground blind facing my corn pile. I had just refreshed the pile around noon and the blind was not there. It is right on the edge of an adjoining property. I don't have permission to hunt that property but I do have permission to access it. I'm sure I know who put the blind there but I can't say anything. One thing is I am the only one hunting on this property and no one has permission to access it either. Anyways, on the hunt a fawn came through a few minutes after 6. About 10 minutes later I hear this dog barking and it chases a big doe right by my stand. Then the dog decides to hang out by my stand for about 5 minutes. I then hear a 4 wheeler up by the property line and some guy yells at the dog and says get up here, you know better than that. I then saw 3 coons about 6:45 and that was the last of it until I got down. Needless to say it was a frustrating evening.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:27 PM
car
Typical Buck

Nothing so far, it rained all day today.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Next time out for me will probably be Thursday evening. I will probably get some time in the stand on Friday and Saturday as well. This is the first real cool front we will be having so maybe the action will be better.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

The season here in Iowa opens tomorrow I'll most likely get out Thursday and Friday with this cold front coming through. But then it's back to duck hunting on Saturday and Sunday
Old 10-01-2015, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Who will all be hitting the woods in this first cool front. I am going to try and get out there this evening, and Friday and Saturday mornings.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:28 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

I will probably try to sneak away for a sit this weekend. It was
45 here in SW MO this morning.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

Went out and I saw nothing. Buddy went out saw a 145ish 8 and a buck we have history with who is close to 180 plus 4 other young bucks and two does.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

Headed to the lease tomorrow. The season starts on Saturday. The winds look to be a little undecided right now....LOL. I don't care which way it blows as long as it is consistent.

Good luck to everyone.

-john
Old 10-01-2015, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Cold front hit here a couple days ago but the wind has been over 15mph steady since. Tonight we actually have a frost advisory, forecast calling for high winds through the weekend, but with these temps I am going to have to make a go of it.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a nice big doe this evening. I was only in the stand for about 10 minutes. I will post story and pics later tonight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.