Community

Team 4- Locked & Knocked

Old 09-26-2015, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome DoubleLung55. That makes 9 down and 1 to go. That makes 2 from Iowa, 2 Ohio, 2 Missouri, 1 Texas, 1 Wisconsin, and 1 Pennsylvania. We have a good group here.

Last edited by ManofTheFall; 09-26-2015 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

DTC, you need to post your picture of your doe on the score card page so we can get credit.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Curtis, since you started our team thread you can change the title to Team #4 Locked and Knocked.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

Got it set up. We have the look of a really good team with the states we hunt
Old 09-26-2015, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Took my grandson out this evening and he had a nice doe come in. I gave him the green light when it was broadside at about 15 yards. He grazed the back of her front leg and the underside of her chest. Played it back on video and was able to capture right where the arrow was flying under her. I said he had buck fever and he said no I didn't, it was a doe, lol.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:14 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
Took my grandson out this evening and he had a nice doe come in. I gave him the green light when it was broadside at about 15 yards. He grazed the back of her front leg and the underside of her chest. Played it back on video and was able to capture right where the arrow was flying under her. I said he had buck fever and he said no I didn't, it was a doe, lol.
My youngest daughter did exactly the same thing last year....LOL. She is chomping at the bit to get back in the stand this year to redeem herself. She is 14 and her goal is to kill one at a younger age than her older sister did. To do that she has to kill one in the next 60 days.

-john
Old 09-28-2015, 11:10 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
DTC, you need to post your picture of your doe on the score card page so we can get credit.
Do I post it or does the captain?? I've done the turkey contest before but this one is new to me.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:19 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Took my son out last night. We had these 2 yearling walk in eating acorns. He shot the little doe at 8 yards. We watched her pile up 50 yards from the tree. The button buck ran off and then came back in.
He asked me if he could shoot it too. I mean really, who's going to say NO to your kid while bow hunting. He shot it at 17 yards and we watched it crash too. He was so excited (so was I!!) You would've thought he killed pope and young 10 pt.lol He is 12, he has now killed 6 deer with his bow. He is pulling 45 lbs and using 75 grain muzzy heads. The arrow passed through the doe but not the button buck. I love the time we get to spend together hunting!!
Attached Thumbnails Team 4- Locked & Knocked-img_0775.jpg  
Old 09-28-2015, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DTC
Took my son out last night. We had these 2 yearling walk in eating acorns. He shot the little doe at 8 yards. We watched her pile up 50 yards from the tree. The button buck ran off and then came back in.
He asked me if he could shoot it too. I mean really, who's going to say NO to your kid while bow hunting. He shot it at 17 yards and we watched it crash too. He was so excited (so was I!!) You would've thought he killed pope and young 10 pt.lol He is 12, he has now killed 6 deer with his bow. He is pulling 45 lbs and using 75 grain muzzy heads. The arrow passed through the doe but not the button buck. I love the time we get to spend together hunting!!

Congrats.

-john
Old 09-28-2015, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Totally awesome. Went through all my kids and now I am starting on my grand kids. It just keeps getting better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.