Team 4- Locked & Knocked

Old 01-05-2016, 11:36 AM
Typical Buck

I'm still trying guys. Just not seeing much for deer. Headed to the grandparents this weekend to try to finish the season strong.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

After 6 weeks of not seeing anything over a year and half old, I finally got a chance at a decent buck. He is not one of my hit listers and normally I probably wouldn't have even shot him. It's been a long season and I put a lot of time in the stand this year and I felt good about taking this buck so I let him have it. It was about 5:10 and I saw 3 doe fawns coming. Probably the same 3 I've been seeing for quite a while now. I thought here we go again, nothing but little ones. Then I heard more foot steps coming from behind me and off to my left. Great, 2 more fawns. More foot steps directly behind me, there was 2 nice shooter does and I was planning on possibly taking one out. Then I heard more foot steps and saw 2, 1 1/2 year old bucks. I thought this is getting interesting. One more time I heard heavier more defined steps, you all know what I'm talking about. I saw rack. He wasn't what I was hoping for but I guessed him to be around 110" 8 pointer and I laid the smack down on him at about 12 yards. In the mean time there was several tense moments and I was wondering if I was even going to be able to get a shot off at all. I had deer off to my left, right, in front and in back of me. To top it all off my nice heavy face mask fell out of my pocket when I was getting into my car and I didn't realize it until I got to my spot. Needless to say I wasn't driving back home to get it. It was the 2nd coldest day of the season and my face and head are uncovered and I have never been in a stand without a mask. As cautious as the deer have been I thought for sure I would be busted without a mask on but I managed to pull it off. I believe my season is over unless I get an itch to fill one last tag but I believe 2025/2016 season is over and 2016/2017 has begun. I will add pics later today.
Attached Thumbnails Team 4- Locked & Knocked-buck2016.jpg   Team 4- Locked & Knocked-buck20162.jpg   Team 4- Locked & Knocked-buck20163.jpg   Team 4- Locked & Knocked-buck20164.jpg  

Last edited by ManofTheFall; 01-06-2016 at 04:21 AM.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

Nice late season buck MOTF!
-Jake
Old 01-12-2016, 12:44 PM
Typical Buck

Nice job. I had a cull 8 point coming in ever day but I let him walk. Sorry that I let the team down. I only had one nice buck that I was after and he just never showed when i was on the stand.

-john
Old 01-27-2016, 04:46 PM
car
Typical Buck

I'm done for the season!