Community

Team 4- Locked & Knocked

Old 11-09-2015, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last 3 sits I have seen shooters but the doe they were with ruined it each time. Hopefully tonight a nice big fat in heat doe will decide to walk by me with one of the big boys trailing behind her. I probably won't be going out Tuesday morning cause it should be raining pretty hard. But I will sit this evening and again Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is anyone else seeing any action at all?
Old 11-09-2015, 07:06 AM
Spike

I sat yesterday evening. I saw a small buck chasing a doe. Going back out this evening.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

Lots of bucks bedded in the open with does here. Will be in a bedding area tomorrow morning.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:20 AM
Typical Buck

I have not been able to get back out. It will be the week of Thanksgiving before I hit the stand again. A buddy that hunts fairly close to me has seen the 10 point a time or two. Now that the acorns are about gone he seems to be returning to his old patterns so I still think I have a chance at him.

-john
Old 11-11-2015, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

He's still alive!!!!! The big buck that I shot 9 days ago is definitely still alive. Yep, He's still alive but he does have a limp on his right front leg. Other than that he looks okay. He was off to my right and I saw him through some trees. I didn't think he'd see me so I grabbed my bow and he must of caught my movement. He turned and bounded a few steps then started walking and let out one snort. I guess in the low light I didn't account enough for the steep shot angle with him being so close. The hit actually looked half decent but because of the angle he is still walking. I did get a better look at his rack and I would guess he is a solid 160" or better. Now you all know what the rest of my season will be dedicated to.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:11 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Our rifle season starts Saturday and I won't have a chance to get
back out with a bow. Even though our season runs until Jan 15
there is no need in going after gun season. I had a 3.5 year old 110-115" 8 pt at 10 yards Monday night but let him pass. All I could contribute for our team was a doe. Good luck to all!
Old 11-17-2015, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like me and Mr. Big Boy is going to be a long drawn out battle. This evening was now my 4th encounter with him. I was walking into my stand and I busted him out of his bed 25 yards away from my stand. Hopefully I can get him before gun season.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our thread has slowed way down. How is everyone doing, still going at it, any good encounters?
Old 11-17-2015, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

Lets just say it's been slow. But I did see a 180" 11pt last week when I bumped him out of my back yard. One of my smaller shooters was shot on the 13th by a guy down the road. I had a good encounter with him on the 9th just never had a clear shot 140" 8 pt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.