Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting > 2015 HNI Deer Bowhunting Contest
Returning Champions looking for the threepeat! >

Returning Champions looking for the threepeat!

Returning Champions looking for the threepeat!

Old 10-01-2015, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Well Fellas opening day is today and I'm sitting here at work dreaming about freezing toes and hearts beating out of my chest lol. Hopefully I can get out there in the next few weekends.

Good luck to all for a safe and successful season!!!
Old 10-02-2015, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

Yesterday was our opener too. I was able to sneak out in the am for only an hour before work, but you take what you can get right? About 7:30 a white doe comes toward me from the south. I was nervous she'd wind me because we had a northeast wind. She stopped about 20 yards behind some brush. Eventually she came out and started trotting by my stand heading north. I grunted to try and get her to stop but she wouldn't so I put the pin on her front shoulder and punched the trigger. The arrow hit a little far back and wasn't surprised to see guts on my arrow. Figuring the best thing to do was to back out and give her time, I went to work and came back late afternoon. She was still alive when I found her and it was a little tricky getting an arrow in her vitals but I got the job done. She's hanging in my buddy's garage. I have to remember to snap a pic with my bow for the contest board.

Good luck out there fellas!
Old 10-02-2015, 06:31 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Outdoorcountry
Yesterday was our opener too. I was able to sneak out in the am for only an hour before work, but you take what you can get right? About 7:30 a white doe comes toward me from the south. I was nervous she'd wind me because we had a northeast wind. She stopped about 20 yards behind some brush. Eventually she came out and started trotting by my stand heading north. I grunted to try and get her to stop but she wouldn't so I put the pin on her front shoulder and punched the trigger. The arrow hit a little far back and wasn't surprised to see guts on my arrow. Figuring the best thing to do was to back out and give her time, I went to work and came back late afternoon. She was still alive when I found her and it was a little tricky getting an arrow in her vitals but I got the job done. She's hanging in my buddy's garage. I have to remember to snap a pic with my bow for the contest board.

Good luck out there fellas!
Outstanding brother! Very well done.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:36 AM
Fork Horn

Way to go Ris!
Old 10-21-2015, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

Here at home in PA I'm getting night pictures of a shooter but no daytime photos yet. My brother-in-law shot a 9 point at our Farm in Ohio on Monday. It will score in the 120's.
My father and I are headed to Ohio tomorrow for a 3 day hunt. I'm hoping to catch a glimpse of some daytime shooters this weekend.
Good Luck Guys!
Old 10-21-2015, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

Well I had this buck chasing does around me and got a little anxious! I should have let him go another year but I was like a kid waiting for Christmas morning to open presents and punched the trigger! I'm traveling for work so I'll get him scored this weekend.
" />
Old 10-21-2015, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats on a fine Buck!!
Old 10-24-2015, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your buck! Deer have seemed to vanish from my deer woods. Hoping I get some sort of turn around.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats! Nice work!!
Old 12-01-2015, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

Well I finally got a chance at this buck here in PA yesterday. He kept showing up when I would go to Ohio Hunting. I didn't go out to Ohio this weekend and much to my surprise he showed up. I had pictures of him in daylight the last 2 days of our first archery season but I was in Ohio. Unfortunately he busted off about 18 inches about 2 days ago. I just posted him and entered it for the team. I attached a couple of pictures of him before he busted of the ends of his main beams.
Attached Thumbnails Returning Champions looking for the threepeat!-mfdc2446.jpg   Returning Champions looking for the threepeat!-mfdc6086.jpg