HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - iNDIANA DNR to allow pistols during archery season
Old 03-30-2007, 07:35 AM
HuntinGUS
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: iNDIANA DNR to allow pistols during archery season

I understand your points Quick and I agree that it could get out of hand.

But.......

It appears to me that it is more important to some to create laws to keep poachers as honest as possible while restricting or compromising our 2nd amendment. I disagree with this take. I strongly feel that outlaws will continue to poach regardless of what the law allows. Sure there might be some unethical hunters that take advantage, but it that worse than restricting the right to bear arms for law abiding citizens?

I know it's not that big a deal now, but these types of things snowball over time and before you know it, you have lost your rights. It's called CREEPING INCREMENTALISM.

A law is created to "keep us safe" or to make it harder for poachers to poach. On the surface it makes some sense and hell, we really have no dangerous animalsin the woods, so why not? Right? Well that's the start and the lawscontinue to creep and creep until one day you are on the brink of loosing your rights in an unimaginable way. This is not just with guns. Look around at the righs we sacrifice for the betterment of one thing or another.

In Calif (one of the liberal cities) not sure which one, they are in a position to pass a law that says you cannot smoke in your ownhouse or car if you have kids under a certain age! How do you think it got to that point? 20 years ago when smoking restrictions were being put in place, how do you think the public would have reacted if they knew this is where it would end up?

First it's a certain kind of gun that you cannot own (Fully auto...because why are they good for? You can't hunt with them.......right?)

Next it's your hand gun, because they are involved in so much crime. Eliminating them would keep us safe.............right?

Wham...before you know it they are after your hunting guns, because there is no real need to hunt anymore and with all of the deaths that happen with hunting guns it's in our best interest to have this restriction this as well........right?

The first two laws make more sense to most, but that is how creeps up on us and without the first 2, the third would never happen.

I am all for keeping people honest, but not I am not for giving up any rights to do so. It's a very slippery slope and once we start sliding, it will be hard to stop.....