HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Would you sell your deer
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 07:14 AM
Talondale
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you sell your deer

This was posted last year during the off season, but I think it involved a world class buck, not just a P&Y. My answer then was the same as now: yes. An exact replica (mold cast) would look just as good to me as the original. I don't take them off the wall and fondle them so, just looking the same is good enough. I don't want the liability of loss or theft on something that is worth that much money. I can't afford expensive decorations that are worth as much as the rest of my house (assuming six figure amounts). If it was a famous level buck I would have to retain all replica/image rights. It would be irresponsible and selfish for me to deprive my family of such an income source, especially if no harm is done,or laws are broken. Besides I could then afford to spend more time hunting, which is what I enjoy more than staring at a trophy on the wall. Shoot, I'd even take that deal for four figures on a non-record buck. Think of it this way: if a fire destroyed all your trophies would youhave lost your memories? Just because they're on our wall now doesn't mean we can't loose them so why should I act like it's something I HAVE to hold onto?