Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 Turkey Contest
Team 6* ~ Long Spur Legion >

Team 6* ~ Long Spur Legion

Community

Team 6* ~ Long Spur Legion

Old 03-06-2014, 03:42 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mottz
Anyone have any good hunting strategies that you plan on?
My strategy is to get them in range and shoot!!!!lol
Old 03-06-2014, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Season here starts the 25th but I won't get out probably til the 30th because me being a committee member on our local NWTF chapter, has our banquet on the 28th so I know it will not be an early morning on the 29th. DTC, I'm going to go a little more dramatic this year on my hunts. I'm going to them! And before anyone starts flippin me crap, I just want to say its AWESOME! I did this last year with a gun but this year, I want to try with the bow. Just me, my weapon and a tailfan. Quick story from last year. I was switching to a mid morning spot, carrying my pretty boy down an access road when a group of birds came out, seen me and took off. I dropped the decoy and grabbed the fan, paralleled them in a ditch and spotted them in a cut field. I flipped the fan in front of myself and started walking to them. They all looked at me and came towards me. I laid on the ground twisting the fan in front of me til a jake came to 5 yards in front of me. I dropped the fan and said boo. He jumped back and tom came running in. Shot him at about 15 yards coming right at me. Holy crap, what a rush!! Now, I am on private land and am aware of the dangers of it but I am going to do it again!! Maybe if I can get someone to go with me, I can get it video taped.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Mottz... I'll drive up and video tape you if it means you can get me on a Merriam!

Originally Posted by Mottz
Season here starts the 25th but I won't get out probably til the 30th because me being a committee member on our local NWTF chapter, has our banquet on the 28th so I know it will not be an early morning on the 29th. DTC, I'm going to go a little more dramatic this year on my hunts. I'm going to them! And before anyone starts flippin me crap, I just want to say its AWESOME! I did this last year with a gun but this year, I want to try with the bow. Just me, my weapon and a tailfan. Quick story from last year. I was switching to a mid morning spot, carrying my pretty boy down an access road when a group of birds came out, seen me and took off. I dropped the decoy and grabbed the fan, paralleled them in a ditch and spotted them in a cut field. I flipped the fan in front of myself and started walking to them. They all looked at me and came towards me. I laid on the ground twisting the fan in front of me til a jake came to 5 yards in front of me. I dropped the fan and said boo. He jumped back and tom came running in. Shot him at about 15 yards coming right at me. Holy crap, what a rush!! Now, I am on private land and am aware of the dangers of it but I am going to do it again!! Maybe if I can get someone to go with me, I can get it video taped.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would love to BDB, but there aren't any merriams close to my area that I know of. I'd like one of those myself.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:22 AM
Fork Horn

I am going be hunting in Texas April 20 them go up to Nebraska back home to Ill.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:30 AM
Fork Horn

Have anyone thinking a team name yet. I pick The Walking Strutters.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:10 AM
Spike

I will be up bright and early on the 22nd. Hope to send you pics that afternoon of a trophy.

Team name suggerstion: Spur Crazy, Bearded bad boys, Strut yo Stuff,

Last edited by JSwafford1121; 03-07-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let's vote on a team name. Just pick the one you want and highest number of votes wins. The choices are:

Boss Toms
Long Spur Legion
Bearded Bad Boys
The Walking Strutters
Full Fan Fever

My vote goes to Long Spur Legion
Old 03-08-2014, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

That seems like a good name to me.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

nys-buckstalker checking in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.