Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 Turkey Contest
Team 6* ~ Long Spur Legion >

Team 6* ~ Long Spur Legion

Community

Team 6* ~ Long Spur Legion

Old 05-09-2014, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to you this weekend Zim. We definately could use a couple of birds added to our score.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:39 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Good luck team members still out there. This is the last weekend in MO and Jr has a tag left. Birds haven't been saying much so he might
get his first taste of tag soup at the ripe ole age of 11. My trip to NE fell through so I guess it's time to put the shotgun away and start counting the days until bow season.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

I had unplanned emergency surgery today... but ill be getting another bird this month!
Old 05-11-2014, 12:12 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

It's over in MO. DTC Jr couldn't get on a bird to fill his 2nd tag. We hunted hard the last 2 days and never heard a gobble. He told me today he would shoot a jake if he got a chance, I knew then he was desperate because he has passed several jakes over his short hunting career. At 1:45 I looked out the window and saw 5 jakes.lol I guess that's some 2 year olds to chase next year. Good luck to those still hunting.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:36 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Hen pecked!

Hunted hard two days Sat/Sun and was in birds both days. 7 Sat, 5 Sun.......several in range........ALL HENS! Just seen 2 jakes come out of a far woodlot to those hens. What crazy bad luck. Timber behind me both days had the most gobbling that I have heard anywhere anytime, but none came out to my calls/dekes.

I have 2 three day weekends remaining, both at my best WI public land which I know well and have multiple field options. Still expect to take two toms with these 2 tags. Weather forecast looking great for this weekend.

Right now a jake would be in real danger if he crossed paths with me! The last 2 years I harvested birds on the last day of the last Wisconsin season.

"When there's lead in the air, there's always hope."

Last edited by Zim; 05-12-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:14 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Back at it again for 3 days in Wisconsin zone 2 . Weather finally cleared out. Looks perfect all 3 days.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had some close chances last week but they never panned out. Did have about 7 jakes in at about 10 yards but a shot would've taken 5 of em out. So today is perfect weather but its my daughters high school graduation party so today is out. But tomorrow graduation is at 2 so the morning is mine. Anything in range is gonna get it cause I'm tired of comin home empty handed.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:33 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Jeez took my 4th weekend trip before getting first legal bird in gun range. Passed on a jake at 30 yards. Sort of skirted my decoys. Got a great setup for the morning hunt. This sandy dusting field loaded with fresh tracks!
Old 05-18-2014, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

What the .... is going on? Only heard a couple gobbles this morning on a perfectly calm, hear for miles set-up. Had 3 hens right at sunrise come into my decoys at 15 yards. They milled around the field for nearly an hour before leaving. And not 1 red head followed them. That was all I seen. From last weekend to this weekend is just totally night and day with the amount of birds.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:00 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

They were gobbling their heads off by me, but nothing showed in our field. Hunted 5am to 11 am. Relocated blind and will try a new field they have been passing through regularly. Great weather.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.