Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 Turkey Contest
Team 6* ~ Long Spur Legion >

Team 6* ~ Long Spur Legion

Community

Team 6* ~ Long Spur Legion

Old 04-05-2014, 04:11 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by superstrutter
Great pics DTC. Hope you get a couple. When does your season open?
Youth season is a week from today and our "big boy" season opens
April 21st. Birds are really grouped up here, I heard close to 30 birds on our farms this morning and didn't make it to 2 of my farms. Jr was talking about youth season last night, he's ready!
Old 04-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got bird number 5 today. He weighs 18 lbs. 2 oz., spurs 3/4", and has an 11" beard. This bird came in silent. There was a 25 degree temp. change this morning. I guess the cool and windy morning had them quiet. He scores 55.125
Attached Thumbnails Team 6* ~ Long Spur Legion-101_0104.jpg  
Old 04-06-2014, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

5 birds????? Holy cow! You are sure carrying the team in the overall bird total. How many more can you get? Been down to my spot and haven't seen anything. But next weekend is the shotgun opener so I'm hoping they are in there by then.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:54 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Lots of action on this team before our first season even opens! But that will change in 10 hours. Opening day here in Illinois. Forecast for rain, but if it's not too bad I'll be out there!
Old 04-06-2014, 05:30 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by superstrutter
Got bird number 5 today. He weighs 18 lbs. 2 oz., spurs 3/4", and has an 11" beard. This bird came in silent. There was a 25 degree temp. change this morning. I guess the cool and windy morning had them quiet. He scores 55.125

You are my hero right now! My best year was 4 turkeys and that's happened twice. The first time I started off with an Osceola in FL, got home just in time to head to TX and kill a rio and finished the year off with 2 easterns in MO. The 2nd time I killed in MO and went to NE and killed 2 merriams and then finished up in MO.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:34 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Default Semi Live Hunt

Ok well I drove between the rain clouds and walked out with my cart to set up in a wide open cut bean field. If the 2 toms peek out of the trees within a quarter mile they should see them. I'm set up in my blind so when the rain comes I can stay out.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been working close to my hunting spot today so I drove by over lunch. And what do I see, 1 really nice tom all by himself. That means they are there so I am now excited about this weekend!
Old 04-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mottz
5 birds????? Holy cow! You are sure carrying the team in the overall bird total. How many more can you get? Been down to my spot and haven't seen anything. But next weekend is the shotgun opener so I'm hoping they are in there by then.
I am done in Louisiana. We are allowed 2 gobblers. I have one Texas tag left, but I'm not sure I am going back. My BIL is in a club in Arkansas. I may go with him one weekend. Good luck this weekend.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Not a bird seen in first two days but it's finally dried out, so I'm packin the bike tomorrow to pedal 2 miles in. Should find some over here.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

After guiding my daughter on her first hunt on the 1st (SUCCESS), I headed out today to the same spot. Heard a LOT of gobblers on the roost, but once they flew down (somewhere) all we saw all day were three hens.
I know the spot holds a fair amount of birds so I think I will head back in the morning for another try.
Friday a NEW spot that should be hot, then Saturday yet another spot.... I'm hangin up my shotgun if I can't get on the board by Sat afternoon !!

BDB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.