Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 Turkey Contest
Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers >

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Community

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Old 03-24-2014, 05:45 AM
Typical Buck

I hear ya SS, I have not heard any or seen a lot of sign so far. Good luck to you when you get back out there
Old 03-24-2014, 11:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck to you SS when you get back out at em again!
Old 03-25-2014, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

SS....how has the gobbling been around you? The bird I took on Monday gobbled twice. Nothing to hear on Tuesday ....not even on the roost.

Are we already in the lull or has the first peak of gobbling even arrived yet?
Old 03-26-2014, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bald9eagle
SS....how has the gobbling been around you? The bird I took on Monday gobbled twice. Nothing to hear on Tuesday ....not even on the roost.

Are we already in the lull or has the first peak of gobbling even arrived yet?
Hardly any gobbling in my neck of the woods Matt. Heard a few on the roost but they've all been either young birds I dont wanna mess with or birds too far off my property. But again, there's very very little gobbling everywhere I've hunted. It's about to hit though I believe. Gobblers are starting to pick out their hens and split off from their buddies a little. Pressure will be real high in the morning where I am, and it looks like the temp will shoot up around 9 or 10 so hopefully they'll be out lookin for love.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

Went out scouting around one of my spots yesterday and saw so some fresh hen tracks and fresh scratching. Still waiting to hear that first gobble
Old 03-27-2014, 01:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hope they come around for you SS!! I also hope everyone has some great success stories to tell about once there season opens up..

I surely hope our weather up in this neck of the woods hurries up change.. We had a blizzard hit here yesterday afternoon. While I am not sure how much snow we got because of blowing and drifting it does not look all that bad.. But the darn wind I think blew the turkeys over to the next county or state.. We had the wind steady around 50 to 60 mph with gust up to 114 mph.. But fortunately I no of no real damage to anyones home.. I just hope that was the last of these dam snowstorms..
Then by the end of April have the snow all leave here.. That would surely make my season up here a great one!!
Again good Luck to every one on the team!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

You are a better man than I am Phil I don't think I could live up there! Hope you warm up soon!
Old 03-29-2014, 02:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks swampbuster..

That last storm was unusual even for us. Although we have been known to get a few unusual storms once in a while.. This morning is looking to be a warmer day with temps currently at 38 degrees. We had rain yesterday with temps around 40 so it is trying to gives us a few days of spring.. I hope April will be a better month for us so when our season does get here the snow will be pretty well gone by then.. We normally have plenty of green grass during our first week of the season.. It sure does not look that way here right now.. I am guessing once the snow leaves the turkeys will be all fired up and chasing the hens pretty hard..
Old 03-29-2014, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

Just pulled the card out of my camera by my house and no turkeys. I have been running a feeder since January and have not seen a single turkey. The past two years I could hear them gobble from my front porch, don't know if its going to happen this year or not.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Keep the faith.. Every thing here will be running late I have a feeling. From what others have been saying it is the same for most of them as well. So one can only wait and see.. I have been feeding some and they would come in and hang around for 3 or 4 days and then be gone for about a week?? Then they show back up for a few more days. I really have no idea why that is but nothing I can do about it. I will stop feeding them this weekend so they will have almost a month to travel around and look for food. I have faith that they will be showing back up on their own at some point in time though..

Good Luck to you once your season opens.. My season is going to be quite challenging as well with our new full day of hunting law.. But I have hope for getting at least one nice tom posted.. I will have to learn to sit there longer now though..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 03-30-2014 at 07:47 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.