Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 Turkey Contest
Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers >

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Community

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Old 03-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Got us one

Welcome Blackheel, great to have you........he will definitely kill some birds for us.

I got my first bird of the season this morning around 9:00. Got on a couple gobbling real light and weak, one was a jake that we ended up calling up. Once the jake left we made our way to the fields and spotted some birds being real freaky...(actually watched a strutter breed a hen). We didn't have a shot at that point so we left them alone and let them walk away down the field. We doubled back and came down on them from the woods, called and scratched a little, and ended up calling the whole flock straight up the hill to us. This one strutted up the hill behind a hen til I popped him. The long beard xr shells really ate his face up. Weighed 18lb 8oz, 10.25" beard, right spur 1", left spur 7/8".

Let me know if the pics are ok Phil. I didn't have a tape measure with me in the woods so I had to stop by the folks house to do the measuring. While I was there I got another picture of me and the bird with the date showing just in case. Do I need to post on another thread or is this one good enough?

In the woods after the kill.

The calls that brought them our way, plus a mouth call and scratchin'.

18lb 8oz

Beard, 10.25"

Spurs

Old 03-22-2014, 11:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yahoo way to go SS! A great bird to get the team fired up with! Now we will be on the shortly. I do need what method of getting your bird this year.. They changed that part of it when they posted the rules. ( Bow/ muzzle loader/ shotgun ) I believe a shotgun along with the state and time ( Which) 9:00 is close enough for me.. I will get you posted up this evening as I am getting ready to head into work.. Thank you for getting the team started and hopefully start firing things up! Again Way To Go!!
Old 03-22-2014, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
Yahoo way to go SS! A great bird to get the team fired up with! Now we will be on the shortly. I do need what method of getting your bird this year.. They changed that part of it when they posted the rules. ( Bow/ muzzle loader/ shotgun ) I believe a shotgun along with the state and time ( Which) 9:00 is close enough for me.. I will get you posted up this evening as I am getting ready to head into work.. Thank you for getting the team started and hopefully start firing things up! Again Way To Go!!
Bird was taken with a 12 ga shotgun at 9:00am in the great state of Alabama.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

The pics are fine.. Here is what I have for you 18lbs 8oz right spur 1 inch, left spur 7/8 inch and a 10.25 inch beard == 57.75
Your score is 18.5 + 10 + 8.75 + 20.5 = 57.75
If it differs from what you have figured let me know.. Again thank you for getting us on the board!! I had forgot to ask if it was an eastern or not.. It looked like an eastern to me so I put you down that way.. If any different let me know so I can correct it..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 03-22-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
The pics are fine.. Here is what I have for you 18lbs 8oz right spur 1 inch, left spur 7/8 inch and a 10.25 inch beard == 57.75
Your score is 18.5 + 10 + 8.75 + 20.5 = 57.75
If it differs from what you have figured let me know.. Again thank you for getting us on the board!! I had forgot to ask if it was an eastern or not.. It looked like an eastern to me so I put you down that way.. If any different let me know so I can correct it..
Yeah, Eastern. And yeah, 57.75 is what I got too. Thanks Phil
Old 03-22-2014, 07:20 PM
Spike

Way to go SS! Congrats and that's a great looking bird!!

Dano
Old 03-22-2014, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

Congrates ss we are on our way to winning this deal one bird at a time. Can't wait until the 12th of April.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not a problem SS, we are glad to be on the board !! With so many of us waiting for our season to open up this adds to all our misery of wanting to get out there sooner!!

You bet ck we are going to beat this contest and have a great time doing it!!! It is about the fun and it will not be that far away and others from our team will be out after those long beards!!
Old 03-23-2014, 06:05 AM
Typical Buck

Way to go SS!! Congrats on a great bird! Now get out there and get us another one!! Lol!
Old 03-23-2014, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by swampbuster
Way to go SS!! Congrats on a great bird! Now get out there and get us another one!! Lol!
I'll be after em again soon. Maybe they'll eventually get fired up and gobble.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.