Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 Turkey Contest
Team 3* ~ Red Dawn Raiders >

Team 3* ~ Red Dawn Raiders

Community

Team 3* ~ Red Dawn Raiders

Old 03-31-2014, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

rain, sleet, and ice here over the weekend...and cold. lots of snow gone w/ the rain so things should start turning on here soon.
I did see a nice tom with about a dozen hens today.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

Saw three jakes over the weekend. Thats been pretty much the extent of my scouting is driving to work. Cant get into my spots because of either flooding or deep snow, mud you name it. Hoping it starts to dry up a bit soon! Until then ill keep puttering with making calls!
Old 03-31-2014, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

And so everybody knows...my goal this year is to harvest a turkey with my ten year old son. Been trying for close to 5 years and it nevers happens. So if a jake pops out and hes with me...jakes going down!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:25 AM
Typical Buck

They were tearing it up this weekend, Heard several birds on the roost and they are starting to gobble all day long.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:34 AM
JW
Super Moderator

First good day scouting. Got the woods alive, the robins where singing as where the cardinals.
but once they fly down all is quiet. Still too dang much snow.

JW
Old 04-02-2014, 04:56 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Another good day of scouting. They had Lock Jaw pretty much but the big flocks are breaking up and I did see Toms strutting and now in packs of 2 or 3 or 5 and even hens in single digit bunches.
All waking on the dang frozen tundra!
But hey I found 3 huntable spots for my Learn to Hunt program this Saturday. Ya I know it takes away a chance at a nice bird for me......but I hunt when the dumb ones are all gone!

And with this winter - the early birds will be light wt. Let them fatten up a bit!

JW
Old 04-03-2014, 03:43 AM
Fork Horn

Did some scouting after work yesterday. No tracks or any sign in my usual hot spot. Still early yet.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

snow almost gone... been seeing small groups of birds popping up in fields... a couple toms in one field... nice one in dad's yard the other day. less than 4 weeks!
Old 04-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

Brought a group of kids to Jeff city for the state Skills USA competitions and the fields were stacked today with lots of hens and strutters. 18 days left
Old 04-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

aaaa i went out scouting finally. saw some good sign but seems to be less than last two years. but im gonna start treeing some birds if i can and scout more in the next two weeks caus thats how long i have to wait still until turkey season starts here...damn im gettin anxious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.