Community

Team 2 ButterBall Bandits

Old 04-13-2014, 05:12 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Come on Jon!!!!!! That birds gonna be lookin for a lady in the morning and then he's gonna hear that sweet call then BOOOM!
Old 04-13-2014, 05:40 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

I don't hear a bird on roost yesterday morning, so I eased my way to a pasture I've seen birds use later in the morning so I could set up and call for a while. I had made it within 60yds of the pasture when I heard a bird clucking. I got down and listened, it was coming from where I had just came from. It wasn't long before I could tell it wasn't a hen sound, it was a gobbler yelping! In a min I could see him below me in a draw about 80yds!! I scratched the leaves and he went right into strutt! He got at the foot of the hill and I couldn't see so I readied my gun....this was about to be over. Well, several min went buy and I was expecting to see a head pop up at any second when I heard a putt behind me. That stinking thing went to the pasture edge and walked to me! Well that was over!
As I sat by that tree I heard another bird gobble a good ways back in the pines and I called but no answer. I was going to try another spot in a few min and then some on the neighboring property shot (just in earshot) and it made the bird gobble again. He had halted the distance and was about 100yds out!! I called then and got him fired up! Then another bird worked in there with him from the other direction. They wouldn't commit the last bit and started moving off. As soon as they moved I towards them about 60yds and got down and cut! They cut me off and I could tell they turned around. I quit calling then and in a min could see one easing down the ridge to me. The scout was ahead of the strutter about 15yds and was getting close fast! I lost sight of the boss for a second in the undergrowth and the scout had made it about 15 steps to me. He stood up tall and I knew if tried to wait on the other bird I might bugger this whole thing up so I squeezed off on the closest one!! BOOOM!!!! Great bird and a super fun hunt!!! This bird had a really thick beard and decent spurs, but was the lightest bird I've taken....14lbs. Haha!!! Guess he was just built for speed :P
Old 04-13-2014, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a fun hunt Ethan. I was supposed to be hunting with John tomorrow but tagged out last Wednesday. I think his brother was going to use my permit instead. He's on some real nice public land but the birds have been very quiet.
Ray
Old 04-13-2014, 07:13 PM
Spike

Hows everything going guys?
Old 04-14-2014, 01:11 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Going real good here bsums! How about yourself?
Old 04-14-2014, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

well bsums Im chomping at the bit to go again this year. Ethan got me fired up with some bama turkeys and now the addiction is really kicking in. Im headed out Saturday to Missouri. Ill set my blind Sunday and be hunting again Monday morning. Then back to Indiana sometime to hunt a few days. Then back to Missouri for a few more days. Off to Nebraska in May, then to Wisconsin.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:24 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Kenny.....now I'm getting jealous!!
Old 04-15-2014, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

come on along Ethan,
Old 04-16-2014, 06:37 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats! Our team is doing well!
I plan on hunting this weekend, I hope all works out so I can.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:27 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Hope you get to bust one RMG!!!!

Kenny, not sure I'd have a job if I followed you around hunting. I hang on to it by a thread as it is now! Lol!!! Maybe I can just try out Indiana

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.