Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 Turkey Contest
2014 TurkeyTrackSmackThread >

2014 TurkeyTrackSmackThread

2014 TurkeyTrackSmackThread

Old 06-01-2014, 10:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by superstrutter
This for team 5. I see you want to all of a sudden change the rules so you can win the contest. I also see that you now want to change rules so you can keep the same team together for next years contest. Some of you are even saying I don't want to be in next years contest if I can't be on the same team. Put your big boy pants on and throw away the tissue. It's just a contest for fun. It means nothing. I personally believe all teams should change each year, even the winning team, and I have been on three winning teams. You made a good run. Congrats on a great season.
No comment superstrutter after making these remarks because we are very upset over the sand bagging that has taken place? If the mods do not come up with a rule on that then there will be a lot of sand bagging going on.. If that bird was not good enough for it to be posted when he shot it then why all of a sudden was there a change of heart?

I do not belief there is any team that wants this type of sand bagging going on.. I could be wrong as it appears to have been done..
Old 06-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know it looks suspicious, but it is what it is. There is really no way of knowing how many people inflate scores, post previous years kills, etc... We just have to trust each other and hope everyone is honest, which is probably not the case. I have seen several deer with obvious inflated scores in the deer hunting contests throughout the years, but what are you going to do? I'm sure the same has been done in the turkey contest. The contest doesn't matter that much anyway. I don't hunt to win a contest, and I'm sure you don't either.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

You are correct superstrutter, and I do realize there is little I can do about it.. I am just as upset about it as our team is though because of the way it had come about.. We are quite certain of the sand bagging that has taken place and no rules to prevent it as well. But, as you have stated it is being done in pure fun and I can agree with that one.. It is sad that a team member would resort to this in order for a team to win that is all..
Old 06-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

I certainly hope that is not going on. My question is why would anyone wait until the end of the season to score the bird. We go by the biggest bird the person shot for the year, not the first one posted. I certainly hope its not a bird from a previous year. We will look into the rules.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:00 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

It's now June and the team scores have yet to be updated since May 13???
Old 06-02-2014, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

What are the final scores?

Sounds to me like we need a few new rules for next year on timeliness. Say post a kill within a day or so, and pics following soon after.
Also, I don't understand why anyone would cheat on a free contest where the winner doesn't even get a prize or anything. You would be only cheating yourself with a lie.
All my birds are as accurate as I can get them and legally shot when I said I did.
Maybe we need a picture that is date/time stamped and have a filled out tag that is from the current year clearly in the picture.

For those cheaters out there posting previous years birds, I'll put my SIX SPURRED bird up against yours anyday. Too bad for me I got him the year before I started doing this contest.

See y'all next year!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2014, 08:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Number 1 it very well could prevent others from deciding on an upgrade for a bird? Maybe not but it very well could.. I also draw my conclusion from the green stuff missing in the picture.. With no date given and all the green stuff missing surely makes one wonder.. Does it not? I am farther north and the under growth has been quite green now for 2 weeks.. Perhaps there was another reason why this is posted on the last day? I can not answer that one only the poster can.. But, it surely looks like a sand bagging attempt to some of us.. Yes, perhaps new rules going into this would give this stuff more meaning.. I understand that they should be given a few days to post as some do a lot of traveling.. But they could give some sort of notice that they have gotten a bird and will post more info when time allows.. But hardly any comments and then wham I have a bird now on the last day without hardly any green sure as heck makes one wonder..

Also I have failed to ask is why the heavey jacket if it was shot during the last day or week of the season?

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 06-03-2014 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

jmedenf - a day is not reasonable because some of us hunt places where there is no internet and very limited cell service

Last edited by blackheel; 06-02-2014 at 06:03 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

blackheel - I understand that. That was just an example. I think within the week should be plenty of time.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:24 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Boy am I missing something here?
If there are discrepancies bring them forward by all means please. I will deal with them. My e-mail is active and all correspondence stays private.

I will take total blame here as I stepped away from scoring this contest.

1. This is a purely for fun contest no more no less.

I for one was real lax on posting my kills this year as I also have such poor internet service and was hunting so hard I pushed it off to the side. I had no time this year to spend much of it on the net. I usually harvest 5 or more and was lucky with 3! It was that type of season.

So I will wade in here check each and every entry. Tally up what I find and report back as quick as I can.

Dave.......JW