HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2014 HNI Bowhunting Deer Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2014-hni-bowhunting-deer-contest-147/)
-   -   Team 10 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2014-hni-bowhunting-deer-contest/394493-team-10-a.html)

Zim 09-24-2014 12:38 PM

Team 10

Well they created a team for us scragglers. Hopefully we'll round up a full roster.

Checking in.

Fieldmouse 09-29-2014 04:02 PM

I added a few more. Make sure you send a PM

bristowboy_20 09-29-2014 07:43 PM

I'm in! Howdy lol. Our bow season here in Indiana starts in 2 days and I have been seeing some big boys roaming around home here. I didn't want to miss the contest. I used to sign up for the firearm contest but I have taken up archery now. Hopefully this year I will be able to bag a buck. I got a doe last year. I had a huge 13 pointer within 15 yards of me but a tree was in the way and I couldn't get a clean shot so maybe this year will bring better luck.

Zim 10-04-2014 04:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Guys.........if we have an official team.........we are on the board! Scored last evening. A 160" eight pointer. My best deer ever. Previous best was 141".

Zim 10-04-2014 04:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Forgot my Nikon camera so had to use my iPhone that night. Here's a better shot of the rack.

Zim 10-06-2014 05:03 AM

Hey is there anybody else that wants to check in. Or am I flyin solo?!

fastetti 10-06-2014 04:17 PM

Zim, was surfing these threads and saw you made a post. Congrats on the buck! He's a dandy! You get him off public or private? I've only made it out once and didnt see a thing. Heading to Central Illinois this weekend to try and fill a tag.

We don't have a lot of people checking in on our team either. Not sure why the contest is so slow this year.

Zim 10-06-2014 05:57 PM

Public. Super lucky nobody polluted the spot, and I got there for first cold front.

I saw nothing in the forecast that says this weekend will be any good. But I'll return to scout anyway.

fastetti 10-08-2014 02:51 PM

Don't want to hijack your thread but that is great you got him on public. I'm Sticking to all private down in C. Illinois again this year. Heading there Friday hoping for a little buck. Did you nail him in one of the bigger spots in the area? I seem to remember the areas you hunt. Don't worry, you don't have to say, I'm just curious if you got him off one of the spots we've talked about in the past. No matter what, that is a great buck. Hopefully I can come close to that year!

bristowboy_20 10-11-2014 04:06 PM

Oh wow nice deer! Hope I get a shot at one like that. I went out this evening and saw 3 does. One of them was a young one that was jumping and kicking and playing all the way around my stand. I let it and it's mom go. The other doe didn't get close enough.