Team 10

Old 10-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Zim
Hey is there anybody else that wants to check in. Or am I flyin solo?!
Im on your team btw.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:46 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

OK, well I guess both of us are signed in. I think we're in second place so far. Not bad for a two member team! ��
Old 10-14-2014, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

I'm hoping for a few more people to show up! I'm gonna try my hardest to get a 130+ buck and there are plenty of them in my area. It might be time to send some pm's to the other teammates.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:36 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

So how's the whole crew doing? Any updates? The October lull kicked in with deer activity dried up, so I scouted some more, set up 4 trail cams, and skeedaddled back home for a medical procedure 10/21. Expect to be healed up and drive back down to hunting area 10/27. Will check out photos and hunt accordingly until the rut kicks in and the property gets hammered. Hopefully I can fill my remaining buck tag before that, and just turkey hunt during the rut.

I refrained from using trail cams for many years, but decided to try when I saw some nice compact Bushnell's on sale for just $80/each. Hope none get stolen, but it is not unexpected on public.

Last edited by Zim; 10-25-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:38 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

We're holding 2nd place guys! Good job! Both of us!
Old 10-25-2014, 12:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Guy's added the last 2 guys on the signup sheet. Please PM them to let them know.

Good luck!
Old 10-25-2014, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

Checking in as I see I made the cut. Thanks Fieldmouse. Now to some serious fun getting ready for the Rut.

I'll be heading to NW Wisconsin later this next week and hunting through Veterans Day. Hope our QDM practices these past ten years yield some results. I refreshed several food plots on my 100 acres this summer and the trail cameras were only showing does since Labor day so hopefully they will bring in the boys.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:42 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

W9ARcher, Welcome. I know Mukwonago. I inspect all the post offices in Wisconsin for building repairs. So I drive by on Rt 43 often. I turkey hunt WI a lot, but stick to IL & IA for deer.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:43 PM
Typical Buck

Ive seen 2 bucks so far. Not what I'm looking for though. It's still early and I still have plenty time. Rubs and scrapes are beginning to show up all over the place now As for does, I keep seeing a momma and her baby. Told myself I won't shoot those. They are both young. A young momma with a young daughter. It won't be me that puts them down. I'll get a bigger, older one. It's going well other than that. Good deer sign and only a matter of time.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

Zim,

Awesome buck and nice story I saw you posted earlier on the Scoring Thread. Proud to be on your team as you epitomize what hunting is all about.

I've been chomping at the bit all week to finish up work and head north for a 10 day hunt starting on Saturday. I delayed the trip 1 day since Friday is supposed to be cold and windy and I didn't want to start my week out on the wrong foot trying to sit all day in those conditions. Snow I can handle, wind is another thing. Plus delaying my trip one days means I'll be staying two days longer through the Veterans day holiday.

Time for final practice shots and finishing up the packing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.