Community

Team 10

Old 11-27-2014, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

I still haven't seen a shooter buck! I see shooters every year but something is wrong this year. Lots of young does and young bucks but no mature bucks at all. I know they're here because I saw them before deer season started and no one has tagged one. It's frustrating!! I still have until a couple days into January though so I haven't given up hope yet!
Old 11-28-2014, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

Well I shot a nice one today and waited and waited.. Tracked blood for 3/4 of a mile before the blood trail stopped. I'm gonna attempt it again tomorrow to see if I can find him. That was a long way for him to run though. My hopes aren't high.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:52 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

bb, You might try somewhere else. I hunt a lot of public land and will move quickly if I'm not seeing shooters or at least great sign.

I'll be making one more effort coming up, just depends on weather. I have a second season firearms tag for December 4-7, and will likely revisit my archery spot before or after that.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:54 PM
Typical Buck

I did move. This is a new spot and he's the first buck I have seen on that public land. My first spot has big ones but I never saw any of them while I was hunting there. The new spot seems to be much better.

I DID have hunting rights to a piece of property that was the absolute best deer hunting property anywhere around here but the damn company that owns it took the lease right out from under me and sold it to someone else. It pissed me off and everyone I hunt with. That property had 180 class bucks running around on it and I always had encounters with big bucks down there. My display picture was from that property. The best I could do now is maybe get permission to hunt the adjoining property which is private but still holds some huge deer. Firearm season is in here right now but I am continuing to use archery equipment. It's very rare for me not to be able to find a deer after I shoot it. It's only happened 2 times in my life and it's sickening. I'm still hoping to get back on the trail tomorrow and find some blood at least.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:53 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Ya wounding sucks. I also rarely do that but this year was rough due to learning physical limitations of my arms since injury. Didn't need the loose sight either. I recommend everyone use Locktite on their sights now. At least mine I am near certain he survived. Did you see where your arrow hit the deer?

Originally Posted by bristowboy_20
I did move. This is a new spot and he's the first buck I have seen on that public land. My first spot has big ones but I never saw any of them while I was hunting there. The new spot seems to be much better.

I DID have hunting rights to a piece of property that was the absolute best deer hunting property anywhere around here but the damn company that owns it took the lease right out from under me and sold it to someone else. It pissed me off and everyone I hunt with. That property had 180 class bucks running around on it and I always had encounters with big bucks down there. My display picture was from that property. The best I could do now is maybe get permission to hunt the adjoining property which is private but still holds some huge deer. Firearm season is in here right now but I am continuing to use archery equipment. It's very rare for me not to be able to find a deer after I shoot it. It's only happened 2 times in my life and it's sickening. I'm still hoping to get back on the trail tomorrow and find some blood at least.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:01 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

I have 3 PTO days left before January 1st, so I will hope for a cold front to come in after Christmas so I can go bowhunt some food sources Dec. 26-30.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys... I never wound up checking in ... I have been offline at the office for quite some time.
I managed to put 3 nice bucks down with the bow this season and a doe.
Am I too late?
I can email them to one of you guys to post if you want.
One scored 137" in velvet.
One was 90" or so.
The last was about 115" or so.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

2014 CT buck #1

" />

2014 CT Buck #2

" />

2014 Mass Buck
" />
Old 12-20-2014, 09:57 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

wmh, good job, looks like you got it entered properly. our team doesn't have much for quantities, but the bucks score high.
Old 12-23-2014, 03:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I guess it's not going to count since I shot it back in September... I truly could not access this site with the firewall in my office until the other day. Merry Christmas guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.