Team 3 Thread "The Team"

Old 10-09-2014, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by b0huntr147
Just saw this on another teams thread but I thought I would pass it along, for those of you with smart phones and there is nobody else there to take a pic for after the kill with you, the deer, and the bow. Prop up your phone and start taking a video then go position your deer and bow. Then watch the video and pause it when everything looks good then you can screenshot that image.

I had never thought of doing this until I read that, should come in handy for me anyways and thought it may help other team members also.
I downloaded a timer for mine, the pic of the doe I posted was done that way. First take didn't work because I needed more time. Never thought of using the video mode!
Old 10-09-2014, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just saw this on another teams thread but I thought I would pass it along, for those of you with smart phones and there is nobody else there to take a pic for after the kill with you, the deer, and the bow. Prop up your phone and start taking a video then go position your deer and bow. Then watch the video and pause it when everything looks good then you can screenshot that image.

I had never thought of doing this until I read that, should come in handy for me anyways and thought it may help other team members also.
Or a lot of cameras now have wi fi built in and you can use your smart phone as a remote shutter and view finder. I have a Samsung that does that and it is freaking awesome.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:18 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by AF Hunter
Or a lot of cameras now have wi fi built in and you can use your smart phone as a remote shutter and view finder. I have a Samsung that does that and it is freaking awesome.
That's a pretty cool idea too, my digital camera is pretty old so it doesn't have that function. Half the time I can't even find the dumb thing, it does already have timer on it so I may need to find that and start keeping it in my hunting pack.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a pretty cool idea too, my digital camera is pretty old so it doesn't have that function. Half the time I can't even find the dumb thing, it does already have timer on it so I may need to find that and start keeping it in my hunting pack.
I have a dedicated camera to take when I go fishing and hunting with a timer, I have another I carry all the time in my vehicle just in case I come across a photo opportunity while driving, another for taking photographs at home, and finally one for school.

Fuji Finepix S5000 for hunting and fishing has a timer and is a good camera, but uses XD cards which are next to impossible to find anymore.

Nikon Coolpix L120 has timer and is in the truck all the time. A great point and shoot with a few extra bells and whistles.

Samsung NX300 has remote operation by cell phone and also timer. This is a point and shoot that has interchangeable lenses. Excellent camera.

Canon T5i with remote shutter and timer. This is as close as I get to a professional camera and I have way too much invested in the lenses, but you got to do what you got to do.

I also keep a small tripod in my vehicle all the time just in case I need it.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Spike

First sit of the season coming up in the morning. I have four bow tags I can fill this year so the first doe I get a chance on is in trouble, because I need some fresh meat in freezer. Wish me luck and hopefully I'll have is at least 25 more points on the board by this time tomorrow.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:10 AM
Spike

Well I gave it a go this morning. Woke up to 73 degree temperatures and a hot humid wind blowing in storms for later in the day. Only thing I got out of this trip is probably West Nile.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:06 AM
Spike

Too bad, at least you made it out. I think I'm heading out this afternoon, however the wind is blowing 15-20 mph see we'll what I end up doing.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:57 AM
Spike

Well made it out last night, it was super windy and nothing was moving. I got in there super early to hang a double set so my girlfriend can tag along this weekend. Also found out that my main camera had been dead for 10 of 14 days it was out there. Did also move another camera to a new location with lots of traffic so hopefully I'll start getting something a little bigger on camera.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

Slow up here in PA. Saw some bucks this week but the warm weather has movement to a minimum.

Good luck everyone!
Old 10-16-2014, 06:39 AM
Spike

Slow sit last night, didn't see a thing but it was very nice out with little bugs bothering me which was good since I left the thermacell sitting on the couch at home. I'll be back out Saturday morning so hopefully I'll at least see a deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.