Community

Team 3 Thread "The Team"

Old 10-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

remember to submit photos of you, your deer, and your bow to the official score card. If the photo does not have all three, the entry is disqualified.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Entry posted for team.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

Nice job on the doe Wallhangr. I hunted NC last week, saw a decent buck. I'll be in stand in IL next week, I need all that standing corn to disappear.

bb
Old 10-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bucktail_Bob
Nice job on the doe Wallhangr. I hunted NC last week, saw a decent buck. I'll be in stand in IL next week, I need all that standing corn to disappear.

bb
If the rain stays away the corn should all keep coming out. A lot of fields around here are already done.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:04 AM
Spike

Saw on the news here in NE that 85% of beans and 90% of corn is still standing right now and with good chances of rain the next couple of days could be slow coming out. I have stand sits planned for next weekend but I may try to sneak out sooner. I have a lady back home that I always shoot a doe and take it to a processor for her so hopefully I'll be on the board soon.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by b0huntr147
Saw on the news here in NE that 85% of beans and 90% of corn is still standing right now and with good chances of rain the next couple of days could be slow coming out. I have stand sits planned for next weekend but I may try to sneak out sooner. I have a lady back home that I always shoot a doe and take it to a processor for her so hopefully I'll be on the board soon.
After seeing your post, I talked to one of our grain traders - not good news. HUGE carry in the market right now so unless the farmers are going to their own storage the corn will probably be standing for a while. Here in MO we're close to 50% harvested, IL is only showing around 23%.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Iowa crop report from yesterday.

Only 5 percent of corn has been harvested so far, 3 weeks behind the normal pace. Seventy-six percent of the corn crop was reported in good to excellent condition. With almost all of the soybean acreage turning color, 85 percent of the crop was dropping leaves or beyond, just behind average. Soybean harvest was 9 percent complete, the lowest percentage harvested by this date in over 30 years. Seventy-four percent of the soybean crop was in good to excellent condition.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:40 PM
Spike

well guys looks like I'm gonna have to hunt saturday, the weather here in nebraska is looking too perfect to not be out. Forecast is for saturday moring is 38 degrees at sunrise, no clouds, and a 3 mph NE wind which is the perfect wind for my stand
Old 10-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be going out for Friday (fall break) and Saturday for my first hunts of the season.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:55 AM
Spike

Just saw this on another teams thread but I thought I would pass it along, for those of you with smart phones and there is nobody else there to take a pic for after the kill with you, the deer, and the bow. Prop up your phone and start taking a video then go position your deer and bow. Then watch the video and pause it when everything looks good then you can screenshot that image.

I had never thought of doing this until I read that, should come in handy for me anyways and thought it may help other team members also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.