Team 3 Thread "The Team"

Old 09-23-2014, 11:51 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats.

-john
Old 09-23-2014, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

quit wasting your time on critters that don't count! ;-)
Old 09-23-2014, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by b0huntr147
Been seeing lots of animals out here in Idaho, no successful bull stalks but we did put a sneak on a couple of bedded cows. Snuck to 60 yards and put a great shot on a calf that stood up. Just a calf but I'm still proud of my first elk ever and took it with a bow.

Doesn't help us in the contest but still thought I would share it with you guys. I still have a mule deer tag and 5 days to hunt.

Congrats on your 1st elk harvest!
Old 09-23-2014, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the Elk, That is going to be tender delicious.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm gonna slip over to Mississippi and try to stick one this week! I'll let y'all know how it goes!
Old 09-29-2014, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went to check the cameras one last time before next weekend's hunt and found:
1. one camera full of photos of nothing but the tree it was on shaking;
2. another camera turned on the tree it was on so it was no longer watching the trail, just another tree;
3. a poacher started shooting about 50 yards from me and when I yelled that I was going to take his gun and insert it in his $##, I saw him take off the other direction;
4. As I made it to the road, I saw a gut shot buck hobble over the road from my place to the neighbors; and
5. I didn't find the poacher.

Going to the courthouse this week to get my CCW permit and will not be unarmed again, even on my own land.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AF Hunter
Went to check the cameras one last time before next weekend's hunt and found:
1. one camera full of photos of nothing but the tree it was on shaking;
2. another camera turned on the tree it was on so it was no longer watching the trail, just another tree;
3. a poacher started shooting about 50 yards from me and when I yelled that I was going to take his gun and insert it in his $##, I saw him take off the other direction;
4. As I made it to the road, I saw a gut shot buck hobble over the road from my place to the neighbors; and
5. I didn't find the poacher.

Going to the courthouse this week to get my CCW permit and will not be unarmed again, even on my own land.
It amazes me how ballsy some of these guys are. Last year I thought the wood line entrance to one of my stands seemed too well travelled. It was still dark and I was all set in my stand when I saw a light moving thru the timber in my direction. When it got within about 40 yds I flashed my mag lite at him and his light went out. He's lucky I didn't climb down and hide behind a tree to greet him with a fist in the mouth.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like PA is not the place with people like that! We just had a big 6 pt shot last weekend at my dad's house. Must have shot it from the dirt road towards his neighbors house. They found the buck about 150yds from the house. Large caliber gun, it had a large hole in the ribs.

It's a shame! My dad lets only youth hunters with their father hunt his property in gun season. He said that it is a great way to introduce kids to hunting. So far we have had three 1st year hunter hunt there and each of them have gotten their 1st buck. Nothing huge but it lights the fever in those kids. We were more upset because it would have been a great deer for one of the kids.

It is a honey hole for those kids. If they can sit still long enough a buck always come through. I think that my parents are just as excited as the kids. They have their pics on the fridge with their deer. He says that it is great to give back to the sport in our own little way.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Opening day of the Iowa bow season and it has been pouring down rain since last night. That's okay though, I can't hunt until Sunday which will give my knee time to heal. Took a spill last night and tore up my right knee pretty good.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:04 AM
Spike

Good luck out there, its been raining like crazy past couple days here by Lincoln NE and its going to be too wet to get into my spot. Pulled cameras Monday before the rain came in there was lots of little bucks and doe as usual but the couple of bigger bucks have disappeared for now. I'm hoping harvest will get things moving, I am surrounded by a few hundred acres of standing corn.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.