Team 3 Thread "The Team"

Old 09-17-2014, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by b0huntr147
I like it, been really hard to sleep this week with the big hunt coming Friday. The 15.5 hour drive won't be enjoyable but well worth it.

Everybody here mostly hunting whitetails?
Good luck on your hunt!

I hunt whitetails only.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by wallhangr
Well, the first 2 days of the season were fun, but nothing in the freezer. Had a doe work to me first thing after the sun came up opening day but when she cleared into my window she was walking dead at me maybe 15 feet away. She stood there for a few minutes taking time to lick her back, browse, etc and then started wondering what I was. She jumped away and I whistled stopping her broadside at 15 yds, but was behind enough brush that I didn't take the shot. Saw a couple small bucks that still had velvet and a 6 pt (could have been an 8 but couldn't see brow tines) that was hard bone. Saw 6 deer altogether with only the 6 pt being more than 10 yds away from me.
Sounds like some good days on stand. I am jealous, my season don't start till October 4th.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:13 AM
Spike

Boy my season just got interesting. Had a guy buy about a third of the land I hunt. While I hunt it for free I can't really complain. However he is now acting like he owns the whole woods. There's an old county road that has been closed for years that cuts right through the woods. For years I've maintained the road and kept it from growing up. He owns all property on one side of the road, but is acting like he owns the road. Closed it off where I can't get in and has stands set all along the edge of the road. Needless to say I'm afraid there are going to be some run ins along the way this year. Also the 200ac I hunted had no pressure before other than me and one other guy who were very careful and only took mature bucks. Now there are about 10 people hunting his side and shooting everything in sight.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:37 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by gamsmith
Boy my season just got interesting. Had a guy buy about a third of the land I hunt. While I hunt it for free I can't really complain. However he is now acting like he owns the whole woods. There's an old county road that has been closed for years that cuts right through the woods. For years I've maintained the road and kept it from growing up. He owns all property on one side of the road, but is acting like he owns the road. Closed it off where I can't get in and has stands set all along the edge of the road. Needless to say I'm afraid there are going to be some run ins along the way this year. Also the 200ac I hunted had no pressure before other than me and one other guy who were very careful and only took mature bucks. Now there are about 10 people hunting his side and shooting everything in sight.
That's an unfortunate turn in events, hopefully things will still work out for you this year. I had a similar thing happen to me a couple years ago, my parents owned 10 ac but I was able to hunt the 80 ac behind the house too. Well a guy came in and bought a 10 ac piece of the 80 the landlocked me from getting to the remaining 70. This guy also planted a bunch of trees around his piece making a little fence of sort to block his 10 ac piece in.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys and girls, please help Foxfire Outdoors by liking our new Facebook page! www.foxfireoutdoors.com/FoxfireOutdoors. We really appreciate it!
Old 09-19-2014, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Card Pull Today

It's nice to see a decent buck for our area!

Old 09-19-2014, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck Goose!
Old 09-22-2014, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

It has been quiet on here. Is everyone hunting? My season has not started yet.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

The season start on Saturday around here. I have a speaking engagement but will be hitting the lease on Sunday. Hopefully I will have something positive to post next week.

-john
Old 09-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Spike

Been seeing lots of animals out here in Idaho, no successful bull stalks but we did put a sneak on a couple of bedded cows. Snuck to 60 yards and put a great shot on a calf that stood up. Just a calf but I'm still proud of my first elk ever and took it with a bow.

Doesn't help us in the contest but still thought I would share it with you guys. I still have a mule deer tag and 5 days to hunt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.