Team #4 Rut Raiders

Old 09-27-2014, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if you call it early season jitters or what. I saw 7 deer in tonight's sit. I took a shot at a fairly large doe and I think I hit something with my arrow. She was 22 yards broadside. I didn't see anything in the way but it looked like it deflected off of something. This always happens to me at least one time every year. Hopefully I got it out of the way early and I will be good from here on out. I probably won't get back out until Monday evening. Possibly Monday morning.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had to take the bow out between services today just to check after that shot last night. I shot at that doe at 22 yards. So, I set my target up at 22 yards and aimed at the black dot in the center which is a little bigger than a quarter. I split that dot in half. So, even if I was off on my aim a little bit I should have nailed that doe with ease, and it's not like I'm an amateur or anything, I have close to 80 bow kills under my belt when you combine my crossbow and compound kills together. Probably another 10 kills with a shotgun. Then numerous more kills of other critters. Heck, I've even shot a few squirrels with my bow. So, I have definitely come to the conclusion I definitely hit something with that arrow I did not see. Enough ranting, lol. It's time to get back out there on Monday and put one down!!!!! Good luck to everyone else as well!!!!!
Old 09-28-2014, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Get back out and slap one MOTF. It happens, be thankful you didn't wound her! I watched two button bucks saturday evening and let them walk. I really wanted an opening day archery deer, but decided to let the buttons live another day! I won't be back out until friday morning unfortunately!
-Jake
Old 09-29-2014, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks man. I will be back in the stand this evening.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
Thanks man. I will be back in the stand this evening.
Hope it works out! Kill us a big one!
Old 09-29-2014, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck MOTF! Cooler temperatures scheduled for later in the week for my first hunt has me excited. First sit should be Friday evening and Saturday morning at the very latest. Hoping to whack and doe and put some meat in the freezer and if I am really lucky put down a nice buck as well. Enjoying hearing about everyone's sits so far this season. Hopefully we can put some points on the board this week!
Old 09-29-2014, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a bittersweet night. My son was also hunting with me this evening. I shot a nice doe about 5 minutes til 7. The shot looked perfect. I got down and immediately retrieved my arrow. I heard her go down about 70 yards away or so I thought I did. My arrow was drenched in good blood from broadhead to knock. My son and I searched that whole area and could not find her anywhere. I could not find a blood trail either. I know I hit her good, I saw my arrow covered in blood, this should have been one down for the team and backstraps in the freezer.
Attached Thumbnails Team #4 Rut Raiders-arrow.jpg  
Old 09-30-2014, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

Yea I would think that would be a dead deer for sure! I would bet she is laying dead somewhere! Sorry to hear that
Old 09-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Typical Buck

Oh man that sickening... sorry to hear
Old 09-30-2014, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I am pretty sure she is dead. The only good thing I can say about this is there is a population problem in this area and it did help to thin the herd by 1. She will become yote meat. Only I wanted her for people meat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.