Community

Team #4 Rut Raiders

Old 11-02-2014, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did anyone get out this weekend? Thought I might be seeing some bucks fall. I will not be able to get out the early part of the week but if my pain level continues to improve maybe in the latter part of the week I may be able to get out. I am going stir crazy sitting at home while the rut is on. Good luck to everyone!!!!!
Old 11-03-2014, 06:27 AM
Typical Buck

I plan on gettin out later in the week. its really heatin up down here.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

Been a while since I have checked in. super busy. Supposed to get out this next weekend for a few days but the passing of a family member may prevent that, yet to be determined. MOTF sorry to hear about your bad misfortune, glad to hear you are okay but is a constant reminder to always wear a harness even when setting up or checking stands. Hopefully you will have a speedy and full recovery, as you already know it could have been much worse. Starting to hear that the big guys are starting to move and show their faces in daylight hours so our favorite point of the year has officially arrived. good luck to all you guys getting out, ill check in again soon
Old 11-04-2014, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see the doctor again on Wednesday. I am having more x-rays and he is going to reassess my injuries. Even though I am still in quite a bit of pain the thing that is driving me crazy is the amount of swelling I have. Anyways I hope you are all getting some time to get out there it seems like from here on out to this next week or so is definitely the time to be out there. Good Luck!!!!!
Old 11-05-2014, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife isn't going to like it, but as of right now I am planning my return to the stand on Friday and Saturday. It should be two very good days in the woods. There are also some other factors that may override this. The first will be my pain level. Right now I think I am at about 50 percent. With it coming down each day I am hoping to be at 75 percent by Friday. I also have a doctor's appointment today that could sway my decision one way or the other. So, I'm hoping for a good report.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

News from the doctor is good. Now, as long as my wife doesn't kill me I will be in the stand Friday morning. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Still some very good prime time hunting left!!!!!
Old 11-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

Great! Glad your gettin better! Be careful.

I'm gonna try to get out friday night.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

I won't be out again until Nov 15 and 16th. Long wait :-l
-Jake
Old 11-06-2014, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

Good news to hear you are getting back out. I will be getting out Friday evening and all day Saturday. May have to cancel my Sunday plan of hunting but I will take any time I can in a stand right now. I think its getting or is really good out there right now. Winds may kill me estimated to be 10, 19, and 14mph the next 3 days. ugh.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

I was able to get a late evening hunt in tonight after work.

That big buck I was tellin yall about, I finally seen him in daylight.
Hes bigger than I ever Imagined. I counted 16 points before he ran off, but I know there were 4-6 more.

He busted up out of the brush at 25 yds, Gave me a real good look at him but never a good shot.

I'm gonna get back out tomorrow night and see what I can do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.