HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2014 HNI Bowhunting Deer Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2014-hni-bowhunting-deer-contest-147/)
-   -   Team 6 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2014-hni-bowhunting-deer-contest/394075-team-6-a.html)

fastetti 10-30-2014 06:10 PM

Not going to lie, its a little depressing that there were so many people who wanted to join a team and they never filled in the no shows. Puts any team with no shows at a heavy disadvantage. Stinks because the competition was a blast in years past.

cjclemens 10-31-2014 07:14 AM

Yeah, the mods don't seem to be taking the wheel on this one. I'm in a contest on ArcheryTalk and it's pretty well managed. I realize mods are busy and have other things to do, but they could at least pass the baton to someone who has more free time.

car 11-01-2014 05:54 PM

Yes it does seem different this year. I still haven't put one down...yet!

car 11-14-2014 03:32 PM

I have good news and bad news. I shot a doe. I have a picture of the doe and a picture of me and the doe. What I don't have is a picture of me, doe, and my bow. So is my understanding it doesn't count?

fastetti 11-17-2014 05:53 PM

Car, unfortunately it doesn't. Don't feel bad, I put down an 8 point about 10 days ago and forgot to take a picture with my bow. Since we didnt have a full team I don't think we had much of a chance. Congrats on the doe though! When I have a chance, I'll post my buck. Nothing big but a decent deer.

fastetti 11-17-2014 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by cjclemens (Post 4167091)
Yeah, the mods don't seem to be taking the wheel on this one. I'm in a contest on ArcheryTalk and it's pretty well managed. I realize mods are busy and have other things to do, but they could at least pass the baton to someone who has more free time.

Couldn't agree more. I always looked forward to this contest over this year. This year it seems to have really tanked. I understand that people get busy but I know there were a couple guys that would have helped out. Heck, if someone would have asked me to help out this year, I would have made a little time to keep this contest alive.

ojibwa 11-18-2014 05:16 AM

I feel bad I have killed 2 doe and a nice buck with my bow but didn't take any pic and let the team down sorry guys.. The upside [if there is one] putting the gun up and hunting with the bow through jan 31st..

cjclemens 11-20-2014 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by ojibwa (Post 4170369)
I feel bad I have killed 2 doe and a nice buck with my bow but didn't take any pic and let the team down sorry guys.. The upside [if there is one] putting the gun up and hunting with the bow through jan 31st..

I wouldn't beat myself up too much if I were you. This contest hasn't been managed all that well and the teams never got filled out with alternates. It's all in good fun anyway. I've enjoyed hearing everybody's hunting stories and seeing their successes - even if they aren't logged in the scoring thread.

As for me, I'll be joining the orange army this weekend, here in Illinois. I won't be back out with a bow until Thanksgiving weekend.

Wish me luck!