Team 8 "Heavy Hitters"

Old 11-03-2014, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

How is everybody doing? Sorry I haven't been on a lot, been super busy getting ready for my daughters wedding. I did get out this weekend and things are looking good. Had 5 different bucks on the cam all in the last week. I did grunt in a nice basket 8, but waited to long to draw and then failed to get the bow drawn. Just tried to pull it back to slow and easy (won't make that mistake again). any way had him dead to rights 13 yards broadside.At least I did not spook him.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iayotehunter
We haven't got pics or a score for it yet
whats the delay? I shot him a Email. Have you heard anything

HJ
Old 11-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was in the wood's today. 4 small Bucks and some Doe. Might get out in the afternoon Tues and Wen will be a all Day sit. No sign of the Rut at all. Strange year thats for sure.

HJ
Old 11-04-2014, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

Finally saw a deer last night! However he stayed under my other stand for the last 45 minutes of light. I'm headed to that stand tonight, with the correct wind. Hopefully he follows his same path
Old 11-04-2014, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'll get this beast scored asap. butcher has the head right now.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats again rack luster more points on the board and meat in your freezer
Old 11-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

Finally saw deer tonight. Saw a doe. 3 fawns. 3 bucks. One was a definite shooter but was too dark when he came out the other note worthy buck was a 140" buck that I couldnt make up my mind if he was 3 or 4 so I passed him.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

Had another great hunt just ran out of daylight too quickly! Shooting hours ended at 5:34pm.. Here's how the hunt happened
3:42 had a small fork come in
Around 5:10- I grunted and snort wheezed and a small 2.5 year old came running in. I take my eyes off him then look back where he was and I look through the Binos and think man I missed a lot of his antlers. Then realized it was a different buck. A dandy 8 pt that I believe to be 3.5. they walked on a string straight to the decoy and the 8pt starts snort wheezing at it and then they continue passed.
5:25- the 2.5 year old shows back up but on the inside of the fence and begins posturing at the decoy while the 3.5 year old shows up behind me and continues to snort wheeze.
5:30-Two more bucks fighting to the south west of me. The 2.5 year old goes to check them out but the 8pt stays behind me under 15 yards the entire time.
5:45-the three bucks to the south west come into the standing beans one is the 2.5 year old from before then another 2.5 year old. Then the third I thought was a 140" 4.5 year old from what I could see with it getting too dark.
5:50-the three bucks in front of me continue to the north. 130" 8pt still behind me at 5 yards
6:00- two new bucks fighting to the southwest one looked like a dandy. After the fight one went south the other went north
6:10-2 bucks working scrapes to the south. A doe and a fawn come out into beans one buck follows the other disappears. Buck that followed doe chases a little and then leaves looked like a good buck too.
6:30-finally get the does to exit field. I pick up decoy and begin walking home. Halfway home I decide I need to pull my headlamp out just because I had a weird feeling. I turn it on and am met with eyes coming towards me. It's a buck, I yell and he continues to come I yell again and tap on the decoy and he turns around and trots away. 15 yards later he is there waiting for me again.. I yell and he heads up the hill. I kept seeing him turn around and watch me. Eventually made it home though.

What an awesome hunt!!!
Old 11-06-2014, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

I messed up this morning and stayed in. Had my #1 hit list buck walk by my cam at 7:53 I checked it at 8:00 . 160+ 10 pt. kicking myself so farm right now
Old 11-06-2014, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats the second time you've done that yote. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.