Community

Team 8 "Heavy Hitters"

Old 09-22-2014, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome Crokit! That just leaves Mike1997.

My season starts in two weeks. I take my oldest boy out this weekend for the special youth hunt they have in VA. Things have been unusually cool here and we have a good crop of persimmons and chestnuts but I'm not seeing a lot of activity. It could be a frustratingly good mast crop year. Good for the deer but hard for hunting. Last year heavy rains during pollination period created large areas barren of mast. If you could find the one pocket of producing trees you were golden. This fall weather has definitely got me ready for the season.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like I have been added to the team. So, Buckmark checking in. I will be hunting in Illinois. Looking forward to this upcoming season and helping the team out.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BUCKMARK
Looks like I have been added to the team. So, Buckmark checking in. I will be hunting in Illinois. Looking forward to this upcoming season and helping the team out.
Great !!!! another MidWest HEAVY HITTER added to the team!

Welcome BUCKMARK.

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-22-2014, 03:45 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome BuckMarl....

Well guys my season gets crappier the closer it gets to the opening day... Properties that I have hunted for four plus years with out having anyone else have people on them and it all happened when I was in Colorado... The owners granddaughters boyfriend is now hunting a property I have had sole access to for four years during youth and archery season and he walks through the bedding area and hunts my stands I have busted my butt on over the last two years... Then went to check a cam on another property just to see some one put treestand a up while I was gone and then preceded to delete half the pictures off my trailcam. There are 7 days with out pictures and I know it had pictures of the tractor mowing hay and raking it and they weren't on there... Needless to say I'm super frustrated!!! At least there was one buck on the camera that is a nine point that will score close to 160"!!!!!

Hopefully this season brightens up for me!
Old 09-22-2014, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome buckmark.
Iayotehunter hope things brighten up for you as we get closer to opening day. The only advice I can give on this is to use your knowledge that you have gained over the years you have hunted these properties to your advantage. I guess this depends on how many acres are there. I hunt mostly public land down here in sw iowa and deal with other hunters all the time but I use that to my advantage each year. I have hunted there for over twenty years and use my knowledge of what the deer do when the local wantabes come around to be successful each year on bucks 140" or bigger. Hunt smarter not harder is my way of thinking
Old 09-23-2014, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

I know the areas well but with maybe 30 acres of timber total on all four properties it's hard to hunt on a property with some one else... Looks like I will be there everyday bright and early so they don't hunt it...

Just a buck to get everybody's blood flowing

Old 09-23-2014, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

How was Colorado?
Old 09-23-2014, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Talondale
How was Colorado?
It was great... Got to 150 yards from a bull just to have some guy with a muzzleloader shoot it right out from under me.. Only elk we even got close to. Didn't even get to see him or any other elk.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looking forward to getting out to the property to see how things are. The property was way overgrown this year, so about a month ago we went in with a brush hog and cut trails through out the property mainly connecting most of our stands and out to the fields. WE figured if we made it easy for us to get around better the deer would feel the same way. The trails had tracks on them the next day when we went back in to check our stands and put up a couple trail cams. Could be a good year...
Old 09-24-2014, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

Oh yeah!!!!! Just pulled cards on the property that nobody else has permission on and it was a slammer pull 3 mature bucks! One 8pt in the 140s, a 7 pt in the 120s and a 160+ class 13 pt!!! I'm pumped now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.