Community

Team 8 "Heavy Hitters"

Old 10-27-2014, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was hoping HJ would have been back on here posting pics by now. LOL. Ended up seeing another 4 does Saturday evening. No shots.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:58 AM
Typical Buck

We went out yesterday morning and saw one of our shooter bucks at 8 but he didn't come into more than 100 yards. We went to a different spot and decided to hunt there in the afternoon we got in at about 4:40 raked leaves to sit on quiet ground and as soon as we stopped we looked up to see two does and two fawns at 60 yards... The most mature doe came in to 25 and that's when I gave the kid the okay to draw and shoot. The shot sounded perfect she ran like she was hit hard too but there was no blood on the arrow and so we waited we reviewed the footage and still can't determine where she was hit. Going to go review some more when I get home we followed blood a couple hundred yards last night to
Old 10-27-2014, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes they just don't bleed well even on good hits. Hope you find her.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:12 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Talondale
Sometimes they just don't bleed well even on good hits. Hope you find her.

After playing the video frame by frame she ducked hard right as the arrow was reaching her and he cut the top of he back.. This is his first year bowhunting and is upset hopefully I can get him out and going again soon
Old 10-27-2014, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that. Tell him not to beat himself up to bad, it happens. I had a good day in the woods. I seen 8 different Bucks today . a nice racked 8pt a nice 6pt and a few Dinks. Then at 5pm I seen a real stud across the creek. He was a P@Y 10pt. A real stud for the area I am hunting. No signs of the rut at all. Not even the Dink,s flexing their birds.

HJ
Old 10-28-2014, 06:37 AM
Spike

I made it down property yesterday to check my cameras. My #1 hit lister has just showed back up in one of my food plots.

The weird thing is it looks like he has a bag of potato chips attached to his G2?

" />
Old 10-28-2014, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd take that and a bag of chips!
Old 10-28-2014, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

Better name him Lays!! Lol Great Buck hope you catch up to him
Old 10-28-2014, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys its time for me to go buy my tag and hit the woods. Got all next week off , so starting sat I will be in the woods for 9 days straight. Probably the best week of the season and I get to spend it hunting big bucks.
Been really busy with work this past month but thankfully things have slowed down. Deer numbers are still down in my area of Iowa so I am not buying a doe tag this year. Trying to do my part in rebuilding our herd.
Will try to keep you all posted and good luck to everyone hunting.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by camokenny
Well guys its time for me to go buy my tag and hit the woods. Got all next week off , so starting sat I will be in the woods for 9 days straight. Probably the best week of the season and I get to spend it hunting big bucks.
Been really busy with work this past month but thankfully things have slowed down. Deer numbers are still down in my area of Iowa so I am not buying a doe tag this year. Trying to do my part in rebuilding our herd.
Will try to keep you all posted and good luck to everyone hunting.
GoodLuck! Have a great time.

HJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.