Team 8 "Heavy Hitters"

Old 09-28-2014, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by crokit
I plan most of my Adirondack hunts after the second new moon following the fall solstice. Comes earlier than most years this year.

With the records I keep, this tends to lead to an earlier rut than most years. By rut, I mean the full blown chasing like crazy time frame,{ spend every second you can in the woods time } not the actual breeding few days.

My favorite time to hunt the mountains is the last week following Thanksgiving. I have an 8 day hunt planned then. Will be colder than the proverbial witch's haha, but it's magic time then in the St. Regis Primitive area.

I have a solid week planned the week after halloween for bow in the Southern tier. Hopefully, my Damon Howatt Super Diablo tastes some monster venison.
I believe Crokit that shooting a Mature BIGWOODS Buck is one of the HARDEST Deer to harvest with a Bow. Good Luck hunting them Big Woods Adirondack Deer with a recurve to boot!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

Finished some final stand prep, micro adjusted the bow. All shots were in the heart tonight. Got a new buck on camera another big ten. All set for Wednesday now
Old 09-28-2014, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iayotehunter
Finished some final stand prep, micro adjusted the bow. All shots were in the heart tonight. Got a new buck on camera another big ten. All set for Wednesday now
Another BIG 10!! I hate you!!! LOL!!! Go get him. Good Luck Wednesday!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-28-2014, 06:52 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
Another BIG 10!! I hate you!!! LOL!!! Go get him. Good Luck Wednesday!!!

Hatchet Jack
Wanna see a picture? Lol. All my pictures are on the link below. He is in the first three picture
Old 09-28-2014, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a stud and the body on that Deer is scary. In my next life I will live in Iowa! Thanx for the Pics. Good night and it was a Good Night my Cowboys SMOKED the Saints. Get Up at 4am and heading to my camp and SGL 209 to do some scouting for Deer and Ducks. Have a good one!!!!!!!

Hatchet Jack
TEAM 8
Old 09-29-2014, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Took my son on his first youth hunt Saturday. We picked a good location but a bad stand spot. We had a small 7 pointer come right at us at 5:30. Good bit of excitement at 15 yards for a minute or two but no shot opportunities. Then at 7:00 we had a doe come in. Both times we had deer coming straight towards us. After she exited we switched location so that we were perpendicular to their path of travel but didn't see any more deer. Good hunt just the same.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like an eventful hunt! Now you have them figured out.

REMINDER : The full deer, bow, and hunter must be in the picture in order for us to get points..
Old 09-30-2014, 05:30 AM
Typical Buck

Less than 24 hours and I'll be in the stand for the first this year.. It will be nice to be whitetail hunting again. A lot of guys say I'm going to be a successful hunter with how well I've done the last 3 years which gives me high hopes for this season. First mature buck to walk by this year gets an arrow.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hard to believe that October 1st is finally here. Hoping to get out for a least a spy hunt this weekend. Good luck to everyone, lets put some bone on the ground...
Old 10-01-2014, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

3 days and counting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.