Team 8 "Heavy Hitters"

Old 09-26-2014, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

The neighbor took his two boys out hunting for youth today and the one got an awesome 9pt. They said there were two more nearly the same size too.. I'm pumped!
Old 09-26-2014, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

This is Iowa so anything is possible here. I'm kinda after a buck that I missed last year, non typical. Two years ago I shot his opposite twin , normal left side and nothing but tines sticking out of a base on the right. Last years buck was just the opposite, shot right over his back. Seen him two more times after that but no shot. Will see what this year brings. This area always has a few 150+ bucks around during the rut.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do we have a full team now? I have a good feeling about this team. The great thing about this contest is just talking to other hunters from all over the Country. I love it. We going to have some Fun. Them pictures have my Blood Pumping! WOW !!! what great Deer.

Hatchet JACK
Old 09-26-2014, 09:43 PM
Typical Buck

Yes we do. I also enjoy meeting everybody and hearing the updates and stories. Sorry if I post too much on here I just like talking about hunting and everything
Old 09-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iayotehunter
Yes we do. I also enjoy meeting everybody and hearing the updates and stories. Sorry if I post too much on here I just like talking about hunting and everything
Keep posting Buddy. I look forward to all your post's . The weather has been real hot this week. I been working a lot of OT the past few weeks. The real hunting is yet to come. I really hit it hard the last 2 weeks of Oct and first 3 weeks of Nov. I can't wait to head to Ohio for 5 days's in November , 10th til 14th. I am praying for COLD weather and Overcast. I will be hunting on the back side of the Full Moon which I don't like. All day sit's are a must in November! Still gotta get my New Limbdriver rest for my Elite Answer. I need time to get to the archery shop. I could get it on-line but I like to give the Archery shop the bizz. I am heading upstate Monday to do some scouting in the Bigwoods and to set up a few Duckblinds . Be up there the weekend of Oct 11th doing a Duckhuntig/Bowhunting 3 day weekend. I hope to have some Backstrap and Wood Duck breast's on the open fire that weekend. Be Safe all!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-27-2014, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

It's been hot here too. 80's looks like a nice front moves in for next Friday. I hunt as much as I can hopefully every day this season.. Just never know when the big guy will show up.. I may do some goose hunting next week before everyone else shoots all the locals.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I plan most of my Adirondack hunts after the second new moon following the fall solstice. Comes earlier than most years this year.

With the records I keep, this tends to lead to an earlier rut than most years. By rut, I mean the full blown chasing like crazy time frame,{ spend every second you can in the woods time } not the actual breeding few days.

My favorite time to hunt the mountains is the last week following Thanksgiving. I have an 8 day hunt planned then. Will be colder than the proverbial witch's haha, but it's magic time then in the St. Regis Primitive area.

I have a solid week planned the week after halloween for bow in the Southern tier. Hopefully, my Damon Howatt Super Diablo tastes some monster venison.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by crokit
I plan most of my Adirondack hunts after the second new moon following the fall solstice. Comes earlier than most years this year.

With the records I keep, this tends to lead to an earlier rut than most years. By rut, I mean the full blown chasing like crazy time frame,{ spend every second you can in the woods time } not the actual breeding few days.

My favorite time to hunt the mountains is the last week following Thanksgiving. I have an 8 day hunt planned then. Will be colder than the proverbial witch's haha, but it's magic time then in the St. Regis Primitive area.

I have a solid week planned the week after halloween for bow in the Southern tier. Hopefully, my Damon Howatt Super Diablo tastes some monster venison.
I always try to plan all my hunts on a New Moon. My Ohio Hunting trip is hunting with an Outfitter and they were the only/best week he had . No matter what! I will be in a tree from flashlight to flashlight!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-28-2014, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

When it's a full moon during the rut I sit all day and usually have a lot of activity between 11-2... Going out to trim some shooting lanes, check a trail cam, and then do some shooting. Temperatures look like they will be dropping next weekend... I want to shoot a for right away like I did last year but I'm still debating on waiting or not since I only get one for tag this year I guess I'll make up my mind when old momma doe is 20 yards broadside
Old 09-28-2014, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our rule on the farm we lease over in NJ is to not shoot the Bigger Mature Doe. Let them alone til latter in the season ,Jan/Feb. We think the Bigger Bucks seek them out more during the RUT. I was checking out Charles A rut chart and it looks like Nov 5th til Nov 14th will be the hot time this year. It really don't matter one way or the other. I am in the woods Last week of Oct and the first weeks of Nov anyway. Still like to Checkout his predictions anyway. He says the Rut this year will be better than last year. Last year was more spread out and sporadic due to the latter 2nd Full Moon. Best time to be in the woods!! Oct/Nov !!! Hands DOWN!!! Can't wait and I sure hope the weather turns COLD!!!!!

Hatchet Jack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.