Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 HNI Bowhunting Deer Contest
Team 5 Thread  The Blood Trail Bandits >

Team 5 Thread The Blood Trail Bandits

Team 5 Thread The Blood Trail Bandits

Old 10-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

one more time
Attached Thumbnails Team 5 Thread  The Blood Trail Bandits-mfdc0056.jpg  
Old 10-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

nice one densfbs, daylight too, sweet! Henson.......some nice deer you have there, need help harvesting?!?!
Old 10-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

Man, wish I could get the one here on camera in daylight hours.. Nice buck
Old 10-07-2014, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Damon
nice one densfbs, daylight too, sweet! Henson.......some nice deer you have there, need help harvesting?!?!
I have to work on getting one of them myself first! LOL

We have had this property for about 5 years and I have been hunting it for three. The last 3 years I have taken young bucks with either bad genetics or older deer with kind of smaller racks.

This is my first year going into the season looking for a quality buck and not willing to settle for anything else.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

Thank guys. I tried to upload the other buck ran into issues, he is on a different property and will score in the high 140 as an eight. I am not sure why but from Sept 23 through the 25th I had bucks on camera during the middle of the afternoon.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

We went out tonight,pretty quiet at first, got to be about 6:15 a buck came in mingled around a bit he was a six with the widest spread i have ever seen on a six at least 16" he was wider then his ears. He kept looking toward the swamp area so I figured there was a doe in there low and behold out popped a thin racked 8. The two bucks walked toward each other and started sparing for about 10 seconds. They walked of into the swamp and that was it.They were only play sparing but it was neat to watch. I was surprised that my son didn't shoot one of them, he has been bowhunting for 4 years and he has shot a 4,5,6 all in that order.He told me he was holding out for a 8 this year, I asked him why he didn't take the eight and he said it was to thin he then said the wide 6 almost got it though.I just turned,smiled and started walking to the truck,my young son has become a bowhunter.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man it's been tough so far for me. This weather is ridiculous. Went out this evening and it was 91. I'm so sick of this hot weather down here. Very little daylight movement. I have sat four evenings and one morning on my property and have seen a total of one deer on stand. I have never seen it this slow. Good thing is I know it will eventually get better. Hopefully cooler weather is on its way soon. I'm tired of sweating so much in the stand. Did I mention the humidity was almost 100% today? I don't mind the heat down here, but when I'm deer hunting, it's just downright miserable.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck to evereveryone this weekend. The rain has stopped so I am hoping for a good evening. Basically no wind and 58 degrees.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got a doe this weekend in Ark. It was late finding her and getting her out, so I didn't even bother taking pics. I should be able to get another one and get us some points. Sorry about that.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by superstrutter
Got a doe this weekend in Ark. It was late finding her and getting her out, so I didn't even bother taking pics. I should be able to get another one and get us some points. Sorry about that.
Nice work getting the day. It's always nice to get that first deer of the season in the freezer.

I probably won't be back out in the woods until Oct 25th. I will be hunting close to home that weekend now that some of the crops are being taken out.

But starting Oct 31st I start ramping up my trips to our Indiana property starting with a nice 4 day weekend and then I have the entire week of the 10th off to try and put a good buck on the ground

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.