Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 HNI Bowhunting Deer Contest
Team 5 Thread  The Blood Trail Bandits >

Team 5 Thread The Blood Trail Bandits

Community

Team 5 Thread The Blood Trail Bandits

Old 09-25-2014, 05:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Our season opened on the 13th, and I have only been out 3 times!!! Been checking my cams, and have almost zero deer movement. So since my spot is so small, I have been letting it sit until later.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah opening day here in IL is supposed to be 82 degrees in my area. Plus with all the standing corn where I bow hunt by my house it could be a rough start to the season
Old 09-26-2014, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Its going to be a warm one today, but I think I am going out this afternoon.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

My first sit of the year will be Saturday. This week is going to take forever!
Old 09-29-2014, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

going to start cooling down here in NE Wi, have some rain coming as well but im looking at temps and the corn/beans coming down to force them into my woods to the White and red oak acorns. This weekend I will sit with highs in the 50's and lows in the 30's
Old 09-29-2014, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunted a little in Arkansas this past weekend. Very warm temps and soybeans still standing is making it tough. My Louisiana season opens Wednesday. Forecast calls for a temp of 91. It never fails, seems that it's 90 plus every opening day. Regardless of the hot weather, I'm seeing good daylight movement. I'm meat hunting for the first couple of weeks, so beware does without fawns.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

The weather for my hunt on Saturday at our Indiana property is looking good. partly cloudy with a high of 62 and lows in the 40's.

I will also be looking for any doe without young ones. I won't shoot a Doe with fawns until about the end of Oct when they are about to be chased off anyway. If I see any buck activity this weekend I imagine it will be young small guys,

Good luck to everyone
Old 10-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck to all as we start to get our seasons started. Temps here in S. Indiana are warm as well but the cool down is coming this weekend and next week. Should be interesting.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by densfbs
Good luck to all as we start to get our seasons started. Temps here in S. Indiana are warm as well but the cool down is coming this weekend and next week. Should be interesting.
Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning is going to be awesome! I will be at our place in Ohio County IN this weekend.

I am fired up!
Old 10-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

I have been out several times seeing deer on all but nothing big. Don't want to shoot a doe right now due to the warm temperatures. But sometime in the next couple weeks you can bet a doe will bite the dust. Cameras have been cold too. Got a picture of a 135 incher but I would not shoot him. All the bigger deer have disappeared for now. The leaves are falling and the forecast is call for the weather to change to colder temperatures by the weekend. Movement should pick up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.