Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 HNI Bowhunting Deer Contest
Team 5 Thread  The Blood Trail Bandits >

Team 5 Thread The Blood Trail Bandits

Team 5 Thread The Blood Trail Bandits

Old 09-19-2014, 05:55 AM
Fork Horn

My season doesn't open until Oct 1st. I am heading down to our property this weekend to spread some fertilizer on the food plots and check cameras for the last time until the season starts.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Arkansas opens up for me next weekend and Louisiana opens up on the 1st.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Could it be any windier????? Holy Crap!!!
Old 09-20-2014, 04:19 AM
Typical Buck

Shot a small doe for a friend and his young son the other night. should put it up for the 25 pts I imagine.Had a 6pt under my stand the other night for about a half hour, had to chase him off to get out of my stand. I was sitting last night and a small 8 came through. I'm seeing a few bucks but nothing big enough to shoot.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

This weeks photo. 1 cameras batteries died, 1 had 0 pics and the other one had this and a couple other deer as well. I have noticed over the last month or so that the deer keep fooling with the branch that is in the pic. Bucks and doe. I may post some of them later too.
Attached Thumbnails Team 5 Thread  The Blood Trail Bandits-915140503.jpg  
Old 09-22-2014, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by obsessed bowhunter
This weeks photo. 1 cameras batteries died, 1 had 0 pics and the other one had this and a couple other deer as well. I have noticed over the last month or so that the deer keep fooling with the branch that is in the pic. Bucks and doe. I may post some of them later too.
Looks like you may have found yourself a nice licking branch.

I had some camera issues this last pull as well. Two of my cheapy cameras had malfunctions and didn't record any photos. Whats bad about this is they were in the areas I had been getting decent photos of bucks. My other two cameras were on new food plots in more open areas so I got plenty of doe pics just no decent bucks.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by obsessed bowhunter
Really nice looking deer! Hope you get a crack at him for sure. I have had issues with my new Blackout, its my 2nd one, first one lasted a year, thankfully I got the extended, now the shutter doesn't seem to close, and it takes pics until the batts go dead so I put out my Moultrie 55 and Stealth so we will see how that goes, threw new batts in the B.O maybe that will help as they were at 40%. Havent seen much when sitting last couple mornings of the weekends, which already posted.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

weather has been a lil warm so I have been cutting firewood for the winter.....for those of you taking a vacation for the "right time" when are you planning it? I have the 3rd-7th of Nov.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Damon
weather has been a lil warm so I have been cutting firewood for the winter.....for those of you taking a vacation for the "right time" when are you planning it? I have the 3rd-7th of Nov.
I have a 4 day weekend planned Oct. 31st-Nov. 3rd

after that its Nov. 8th-16th

Then I took the Friday of the IL gun season off but obviously that's not for the bow contest.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:53 PM
Typical Buck

Anybody seeing anything? Its hot here in WI 70-80 degrees this weekend, skeeters are bad and the deer are only moving through at night. We need a frost or two and cooler temps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.