Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 HNI Bowhunting Deer Contest
Team 5 Thread  The Blood Trail Bandits >

Team 5 Thread The Blood Trail Bandits

Community

Team 5 Thread The Blood Trail Bandits

Old 09-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

Well I got dialed in today with my new lighted nocks. First time I shot all year. I like to say I am better shooting at the real thing but today was exceptionally good. My new nocks actually shot a bit higher then the old ones, which were not lighted.

Yesterday I checked in on all my stands and hung one new one. Trail cams are pretty slow right now but that will pick up again as the velvet comes off and bucks find their role in the different age classes, it is the same every year.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

Bones n Thrones
Antler Express
Rut Ninja's
a couple there, we also need a Captain, someone willing? I see this team has produced a few Wisconsinites, as am I, Navarino way, how bout the rest of you guys? this may be vital in our overall team success.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Slip it in
Slice and dice
blood funnel
Thunder stick
camo camando's
Bones n Thrones
Antler Express
Rut Ninjas
Blood Trail Bandits

I think these are the ones suggested so far. How about we take suggestions until Saturday, and then vote? Or if everyone wants, we could just vote on the ones listed so far. If anyone wants the captains job, throw your name in the hat. Dont really matte to me, im easy... LOL! If nobody wants it I can do do it, there is not too much to it!!

Im in Austin Mn, and I hunt just South of town, so im not too far from the Iowa border. I hunt on private land, but its only about 15 acres. I have it all to myself, so thats nice. Been hunting it for about 8 years, and my biggest buck so far, is a 125"er.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

I live in eau claire wi, hunt some small parcels of forest crop land that most others over look. My biggest bow buck is 130 hope to out do this this year. Glad to be on the team, big daddy has my vote as team captain,
Old 09-04-2014, 05:12 AM
Fork Horn

Im in eastern Virginia.
Season starts Oct 1 here
Old 09-04-2014, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

I like Antler Express and BigDaddy has my vote for Captain.

I live in East Central IL. Ag is king around here and timber is slim to none in most areas. I hunt a small patch of timber about 10 minutes from my house and I also hunt in Ohio County Indiana on my familys 207 acre property.

Should be a pretty good season.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt my property in north Louisiana and a little in SE Arkansas. I'm going to my property this afternoon to put out a camera.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

Here are a few pics from my most recent pull

Old 09-05-2014, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by dbllunged
Well I got dialed in today with my new lighted nocks. First time I shot all year. I like to say I am better shooting at the real thing but today was exceptionally good. My new nocks actually shot a bit higher then the old ones, which were not lighted.

Yesterday I checked in on all my stands and hung one new one. Trail cams are pretty slow right now but that will pick up again as the velvet comes off and bucks find their role in the different age classes, it is the same every year.

I have been shooting Pink Nocturnals for a couple years now and I love them. They are super brite and pretty easy to turn off.

Our place is the same way. As the bucks spread out we will start to get more action on our place. When the acorns start dropping the big boys seem to show up!
Old 09-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, how is everyone doing? I am good with being the Captain, if thats what everyone wants. I will PM the missing members, and let them know to check in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.