Community

Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU

Old 11-16-2014, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

Boys I have a decent one hit. Looked like a good shot but I'm going to give it some time but not to long because the snow is coming. Stayed tuned!!!!
Old 11-16-2014, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

I found him. A very nice 10 point, which will prolly turn out to be my biggest. I'm exhausted today so i will score him tomorrow and get him scored. He prolly won't get the top buck but i very happy after hunting hard this year. I'm hoping he will go close to 150. After getting him home and hung up i noticed he had two more holes in him from where someone hit him high. I post the story and more pictures tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU-img_1329.jpg   Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU-img_1341.jpg  
Old 11-16-2014, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a Great buck!!! Congratulations and well done!!
Old 11-16-2014, 07:37 PM
Typical Buck

Well done brother, that is one fine buck ya got there. Glad it finally worked out for ya & you got one down. Persistence paid off. Looking forward to the story & more pics.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

What do you guys think he will score? Hopefully I'll get him scored tonight.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

Well done guys, Risner thats a stud im guessing 150's, Been getting at it still getting decent buck on the trail cams, passed up a little 5 pointer sunday morning he came in running a couple does another 2 bucks skirted us wide when those does came in one was a small 6 i think the other was a big body never saw the headgear on him though. It will happen i have untill the end of january to get it done. Ill at least have 25 points for us thats a given!
Old 11-18-2014, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

Well he's posted. Didn't quite get to 150 but still my biggest buck to date and I'm one Happy Camper. Gives me something to shoot for next year.

Here is the story.

My dad and I got this new piece of land to hunt last year. We didn't hunt it much because we didn't have time to scout and we noticed a couple other people hunting. Late season we seen a pretty nice dead 8 point on the property. Fast forward to this year. We put a ladder stand up for dad for morning hunts and put a trail camera up. We got one nice 8 point on camera but only ended up seeing him once. We never put a stand up in the bigger section of woods due to two factors. My dad was the one mainly hunting this property and it was hard for him to get to. The second was we figured the other guys would be in there. Well as the season went we never seen another vehicle there, so I begin to get very excited. Last year while walking thru I found a nice stand location on the north side of the woods that would be perfect for a SW wind. So finally on 11/16 I had a full day to hunt and the correct wind. I have been seeing a lot of deer around the house (Double main beam buck and the nice 8) so I decide to do a morning hunt there. Seen many deer but no shooters. After I got back from the morning hunt I grabbed a bit and called dad. I said i'm going to the Coal Company this afternoon with the climber. He had hunted his morning stand with no luck but had checked the trial cam and sent me a pic of at the time we thought was a decent 8 point. After I shot mine we looked back at the picture and determined it was the same deer. You can even see the blood stand on it from the pervious shot. He suggested letting him drive me back to the woods and it wouldn't bother anything as long as the vehicle drives away. Man he was right again lol. So he dropped me off a little after 1 and I was in stand and hunting by 2. Dad ended up going home to watch the Browns play and went out late. The evening was very uneventful until this buck showed up. I have an mount on my bow for my Iphone and my phone on it. Well with the lack of excited me I removed It to check the Browns score and before I could put it back on the corn stalks began to shake and it sounded like a truck coming thru the corn. He popped out 20yards from me and stood there. He stood there staring into the woods behind me for 20 mins trying to decide what to do. If he turns right I never get a shot but by the Grace of God he made the decision to go left and right into my shooting lane. He stopped in it and everything and I dropped the top pin on him. As soon as it hit I knew it was over. He only went about 60 yards. Dad came as fast as he could to help.
Once I got him home and began to really check he out I noticed there was 4 holes in him. There was a hole right thru his right back strap that came out just below the left back strap. This deer never even acted hurt. Its amazing to me he could take an arrow thru him and I couldn't even tell.
Well the next day I had off work for a Funeral and I saw a guy that I know likes to get all the Big buck gossip around and sure enough he asked me if I have seen any. I told him the story and showed him the picture of the one I had just shot and he said yep that's him. He knew the guy who had shot him but wouldn't tell me. Oh well. Then an hour later I get a call from another gentleman who hunts about 4 or 5 miles from where I shot my buck. He said exactly where it was shot and pretty much described the same deer. He said that he had shot him 5 days earlier and was sick to think he wounded him and he may die without being found. He was pumped for me and he was very happy the buck did not die from his poor shot. It was an interesting couple of days but it was well worth all the time and effort I have put into the season. Now its time to help Dad get a Big one. Thanks for Reading and lets finish this again guys. 3 Peat Time.
Attached Thumbnails Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU-mdgc1078.jpg   Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU-img_2463.jpg   Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU-img_2462.jpg   Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU-img_1362.jpg   Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU-img_1360.jpg  

Old 11-18-2014, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

Superb work my friend! Very nice buck, congrats!!!!!
Old 11-18-2014, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

Outstanding buck Ryan!!! Way to go brother. Awesome story & youre truly blessed to have shared the experience with your father, congratulations.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice mass to that guy! Very well done!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.