Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU

Old 11-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bit the bullet today and took Tuesday off from work. Suppose to be 50 with rain/snow mix on Monday and high of 32 on Tuesday. So if they aren't quite moving this weekend then that will surely get em going.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

Only does tonight and no bucks. Its going to be windy again in the morning but i'll be out after em.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

Looking like a pretty good weekend here in Illinois. Heading out tomorrow for three days. Hoping to get a big one down. Good luck yall & be safe.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:51 AM
Fork Horn

Another great morning in the stand now I just need a bruiser to cruise on by.
Attached Thumbnails Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU-image.jpg  
Old 11-07-2014, 04:29 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RisnerPSE
Another great morning in the stand now I just need a bruiser to cruise on by.
Looks like a good spot! I sat in the rain this am. As soon as I climbed down so I could come to work, a deer snorted and took off...15 more minutes.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

Well fellas its finally Friday! I have the trucked packed & a 2 hour drive ahead of me before I reach deer camp. The rut is on & Im ready to see some big bucks on their feet. Good luck yall, Ill talk to ya later. Happy hunting & be safe.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:33 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by On_Point
Well fellas its finally Friday! I have the trucked packed & a 2 hour drive ahead of me before I reach deer camp. The rut is on & Im ready to see some big bucks on their feet. Good luck yall, Ill talk to ya later. Happy hunting & be safe.
Good luck! I'm going out tonight and tomorrow evenings. One more week of archery here until rifle opens Saturday. Pressure's on!
Old 11-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out Saturday evening and had 3 does and 1 little buck come out right after shooting light. I had a decoy out and they stayed clear of that. Checked a couple cams last night and went back down today, since I'm off this Tuesday, maybe Wednesday instead if the wind forecast is correct. But I bombarded the area of where I'm going to sit with scents and scrapes, tucked my decoy in the trees and am ready to get out there. But heres a couple guys that made their presence known.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:20 PM
Fork Horn

That's a couple of nice 10's!

I am frustrated after this weekend. 4 evening sets in a row showed very little deer movement. I'm only seeing fawns and small doe. I'm thinking maybe the bucks and mature doe are breeding? Even then, you'd think I'd see a buck or two cruising. Our Archery season ends Friday and then reopens for 10 days in December. Time's running out!
Old 11-10-2014, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

I'm frustrated also. 5 straight days and 35 hours in the woods and no luck. I did pass up about a 120 8 point on the 1st morning of my vacation at 15 yards. He had me thinking but just wasn't quite what I was looking for. That was the only buck that I saw that I considered shooting. I take that back I did see a 3 point that would have score about 60 or 70. He was a dandy was of 3 point but he was aways out in the crp field. I'm. Trying to not get discouraged but it's hard when you know you have a few nice ones on camera and just cannot find them during hunting hours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.