Community

Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU

Old 11-04-2014, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

Well guys, I had a great weekend in Ohio. I saw several bucks under 120" but on Sunday evening I had this 10 point come in at 15 yards and feed for five minutes under tree limbs that I couldn't shoot through. I know he looked up at me at least 7 times before he finally moved out where I could get a clear shot. He ran about 120 yards and piled up. I'm going this evening to pick up the head and score it and take it to the taxidermy. I'm guessing it's at least 130". I will enter it once I get it scored. Good luck guys, this week the big boys will start showing up.
Attached Thumbnails Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU-photo-3-2.jpg   Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU-photo-4.jpg  
Old 11-04-2014, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

That's a great buck Scott. Congrats buddy!
Old 11-04-2014, 08:06 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
I cracked a limb on my xbow while drawing it back. Excalibur has one being shipped today. If it gets here by this weekend I should be out in the woods again. Missed a really good 8pt with the smoke pole, hit some scrub oak and sent the sabot on a different path. looked for 2 days and never found any sign of him being hit. Got a camera out there now. The area that really seems to be hoppin right now is a 1/2 mile walk and no place to hang a stand. the switch grass and scrub oak is all 3 to 4 feet high. Trying to find a cheap light weight tripod to carry out there but I just cant get myself to spend the 400$ on a stand to leave on the public land lol. Anyway Wednesday I had them rubbing and fighting all around me before sunrise. It made for a very intense morning. Started to see the first scrapes Saturday. It should be on this next weekend.
Hope your xbow shows up soon & ya get a chance to get after them this weekend. We have a cold front & possible snow flurries moving into the midwest this weekend. Im gonna be after a big one, hope you will too. Good luck brother.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Outdoorcountry
I missed? a dandy last night! He was feeding in a fresh cut corn field and I grunted. He came right to my stand and put his head down at 7 yards broadside. I pulled back, put the pin on his shoulder, and touched the release. He ran about 40 yards and looked back toward me. He paced back and forth about 4 times. He would take 2 or 3 bounds and then stop and wobble. I thought any second he would go down...but just disappeared down a hedgerow. After I got down, I saw a limb that may have deflected my arrow. I backed out and brought back 2 friends who helped me track. Usually a hurt deer will go for water and there isn't too much of that around this year so We checked a couple ditches and a pond in the area but no sign of blood, arrow, or buck! I'm heart-broken today!

BTW...Jason, Nice job to you and your brother and an awesome harvest!
We feel your pain man. That a tough one to get over. Keep at it though & something good is bound to happen. This weekend is looking great here in the Midwest. Whats the forecast look like for the rest of you?
Old 11-04-2014, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by dmax4me
Well guys, I had a great weekend in Ohio. I saw several bucks under 120" but on Sunday evening I had this 10 point come in at 15 yards and feed for five minutes under tree limbs that I couldn't shoot through. I know he looked up at me at least 7 times before he finally moved out where I could get a clear shot. He ran about 120 yards and piled up. I'm going this evening to pick up the head and score it and take it to the taxidermy. I'm guessing it's at least 130". I will enter it once I get it scored. Good luck guys, this week the big boys will start showing up.
You are the MAN!!! Way to get it done!
Old 11-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

That's what I like to see Scott. This gets me excited for my 5 days of hunting starting tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed and with a little help from the man upstairs hopefully i'll have one of my own to post.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck Scott!
Old 11-05-2014, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Guys! I just entered my buck. It ended up scoring 136 2/8". Now I can relax and take a nice fat doe.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by dmax4me
Thanks Guys! I just entered my buck. It ended up scoring 136 2/8". Now I can relax and take a nice fat doe.
OUTSTANDING!!!
Way to get it done brother.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

Well guys I've been seeing some action. Passed on a 120 to 130 eight yesterday morning. Going back to where I have dmb and another good eight point on camera. It's wide open out here with 30 mph gusts I hope o can stick it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.