Community

Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU

Old 10-15-2014, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by dmax4me
Nice Pics Jason, especially when you get one in the daylight.
I was thinking the same thing...when the wind is right in that spot, you should hit it because those feeding patterns will be changing very soon as the rut approaches!
Old 10-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Starting to hear crickets chirping in our team thread. Anyone doin any hunting? I had a SMALL 3x3 within 10 yards last night. Where are my big bucks hiding? Crops are coming out fast though so it should be picking up soon. I HOPE!!!!
Old 10-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

LOL...I haven't hunted too hard yet. I'm waiting for the rut before hitting it hard. I did get out Saturday evening for a couple hours and saw 7 deer. The only deer in range was a small spike horn. I'm confident there will be some brown down in the next couple of weeks as the seeking phase kicks in.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

I've been too busy with work and trying to get other family members their deer lol. Im taking next week off for the muzzle loader season but I plan to be out there with the bow too. The buck are still grouping pretty good from what I have seen. Ya either have them or doe's in your area. Its been hard to find any good ones on the public units I normally sit on. Gonna check out new turf this next week. Good luck fellas
Old 10-20-2014, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

Sunday night I was hunting & had Tallboy come through my set again. Its the second time Ive seen him during shooting hours in 1 week. I saw him coming through a pinch point I was sitting on. I took a 35 yrd shot at him but missed. After retrieving my arrow after dark I walked off around 45 paces to my arrow which fell short of him. He didn't get wise to me but he did turn around & go back the way he came. After I got back home Sunday night I ordered a bushnell rangefinder from amazon. Next time we meet in the woods Ill have the advantage of KNOWING, not guessing the distance between us.

Hope yall are having fun out there. Be safe.

Last edited by On_Point; 10-20-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:10 PM
Typical Buck

man that does suck when you miss, buying my rangefinder was the best investment ive made in a while for hunting gear. You cant beat knowing the yardage , i get in my tree and "rope off" my yardages so i know in a pinch if hes inside that oak tree hes 40 yards inside this oak hes 20 yards yada yada it makes it easy not to be fumbling around with it at crunch time. I went duck hunting saturday morning and that wasall my hunting i did this weekend. I doubt ill be able to get out the next 2 weeks its my daughters brthday party this weekend and her actual birthday the following weekend so im sure ill be pretty busy. Havnt gotten many pictures lately due to the acorns being on the ground and the leaves not falling yet ti cover them up so the deer are just walking around wheerever they want
Old 10-21-2014, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bowman4440
man that does suck when you miss, buying my rangefinder was the best investment ive made in a while for hunting gear. You cant beat knowing the yardage , i get in my tree and "rope off" my yardages so i know in a pinch if hes inside that oak tree hes 40 yards inside this oak hes 20 yards yada yada it makes it easy not to be fumbling around with it at crunch time. I went duck hunting saturday morning and that wasall my hunting i did this weekend. I doubt ill be able to get out the next 2 weeks its my daughters brthday party this weekend and her actual birthday the following weekend so im sure ill be pretty busy. Havnt gotten many pictures lately due to the acorns being on the ground and the leaves not falling yet ti cover them up so the deer are just walking around wheerever they want
Hope your time to hunt opens up soon & ya get some quality time in the deer woods.

Just got my rangefinder off the UPS truck & took it out back to make sure my sight matched up. Everything's perfect so Im heading out the door to go get in a stand for the evening. The temp & the wind are looking good for a neighborhood stand I have set up. Gonna see if any big boys are up & about. I might get a shot at a mature doe too. We'll see how the night unfolds. Yall have a good one.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck out there Jason! Now with your story, I don't feel so bad that I missed a doe. I'd do a header out of the stand if I missed a big buck. LOL Plenty of time for all of this to win this thing again!!
Old 10-21-2014, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

Its time. The movement is really increasing here in Ohio. Seen 8 tonight and had a buck sneak in to 15 yards late and couldn't tell which one it was so I didn't shoot. I'm pretty sure it wasn't one of the two on my hit list from that stand. Next 4 to 5 weeks are going to be fun. I have 3 days off the first week of Nov. now I just have to decide if I want to spend that time here or head down to southern Ohio.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:20 AM
Typical Buck

Well yall Im headed to the farm for the weekend. Everyone have a great weekend & be safe out there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.