Community

Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU

Old 10-01-2014, 04:03 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RisnerPSE
And the Champs are on the board. Put a perfect shot on a nice big doe tonight. The ice is broke so now its time to have fun.
Way to go Ryan. That's one big doe. I can almost taste those backstraps. Congrats on getting us on board.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

Right on Ryan!!!
Old 10-01-2014, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

Ok Heres the story.
I hurried home after work to eat and get ready. Climbed in the tree about 5:45 and it was a great evening, well atleast to my standards. Temperature was upper 50's low 60's which I i was hoping would get the deer moving since it was 80's that last few days. Had a nice breeze coming from the north. Wasn't in the stand long when a couple fawns come hopping thru the corn. The fawns played around in front of me for a few minutes and i knew momma had to be close. I was keeping my eye on them and i looked up and momma was at 20 yards. She just appeared out of nowhere. She was trying to get thru my opening quick so i came to full draw gave her a mouth bleat and let it fly at 25 yards. Put it right on the money. It was one of those shots you can tell by the sound that she wasnt going far. She did make it about 100 yards in the middle of a standing corn field. If you have had this happen you know how much fun it isnt. lol I'm happy to get one on the ground and relieve the pressure. Now its time to put my sights on a nice buck but i may do a little crappie and saugeye fishing during the lull.
Hopfully i can get the scale on her tonight because i think she is the biggest doe i have ever taken.

Achieve Fun.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by RisnerPSE
Ok Heres the story.
I hurried home after work to eat and get ready. Climbed in the tree about 5:45 and it was a great evening, well atleast to my standards. Temperature was upper 50's low 60's which I i was hoping would get the deer moving since it was 80's that last few days. Had a nice breeze coming from the north. Wasn't in the stand long when a couple fawns come hopping thru the corn. The fawns played around in front of me for a few minutes and i knew momma had to be close. I was keeping my eye on them and i looked up and momma was at 20 yards. She just appeared out of nowhere. She was trying to get thru my opening quick so i came to full draw gave her a mouth bleat and let it fly at 25 yards. Put it right on the money. It was one of those shots you can tell by the sound that she wasnt going far. She did make it about 100 yards in the middle of a standing corn field. If you have had this happen you know how much fun it isnt. lol I'm happy to get one on the ground and relieve the pressure. Now its time to put my sights on a nice buck but i may do a little crappie and saugeye fishing during the lull.
Hopfully i can get the scale on her tonight because i think she is the biggest doe i have ever taken.

Achieve Fun.
Great story. Great deer. Great way to start the season. Congrats bro, let us know what that big girl weighs.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

This weekend is shaping up to be pretty awesome here in the Midwest. The storm front is moving out of the area & the forecast is calling for lows in the 30's for Saturday & Sunday. Im psyched!!!
Old 10-03-2014, 05:00 AM
Fork Horn

I'm getting ready to head back out to Ohio today. The weather looks great with lows in the 36 - 43 degree range and highs in the 50's. I'm pumped. Good luck guys. Time to put some serious points on the board.
Scott
Old 10-03-2014, 11:06 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by dmax4me
I'm getting ready to head back out to Ohio today. The weather looks great with lows in the 36 - 43 degree range and highs in the 50's. I'm pumped. Good luck guys. Time to put some serious points on the board.
Scott
All the gear is packed & Im headed to the farm for the weekend. All the conditions are right for an awesome weekend on stand. Best of luck to everyone hunting this weekend. Remember to be safe & have fun.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

well opening weekend is finally upon me here on NJ the morning looks like a wash but the rain is stopping around 2 and ill be in my seat by 3, sunday brings some cooler temps so we will see what happens. Good luck everyone looks like we all got the right conditions lets see if we can capitalize!
Old 10-04-2014, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good to see all you guys are getting out there now. Good luck to everyone on getting your trophies and groceries!! I was going to head out this afternoon but I don't think the wind will be in my favor at the crucial sunset time. Plus, there is a lot of great college football on today. So I will be out in the morning. Hoping its still early enough in the month that my October Lull doesn't haunt me.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Blew 25 points right out the window. Had a doe come in, perfectly broadside and I put the arrow perfectly over her back. Man I am awesome!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.