Community

Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU

Old 09-22-2014, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by RisnerPSE
Its hard to tell by the picture but i would say 160 to 180 depending on the width.
Here are the 5 pics I have of him from this camera.

Tallboy has some really impressive headgear. His G2s, G3s & G4s are awesome. He's got to be pushing 50-70 inches there alone (Xs both sides). His main beams swoop forward pretty good too, at least 30-40 inches in length (Xs both sides). His brow tines really aren't that impressive, but Im estimating 3-5 inches per side, (Xs both sides = 6-10").

His main beam palmation looks really wide. His H1-H4 measurements are going to be good too, Im estimating between 16-20" per side (Xs both sides = 32-40"). His inside spread is difficult to determine but I estimate somewhere between 16-20"

He's gonna measure between 160"-190" by these estimates & Im guessing 160 is on the really low side of what this guy has on his head. Im putting my money on 180-200".

Now I just have to pattern this pig & get an arrow in him.
Attached Thumbnails Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU-103.jpg   Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU-calhoun.jpg   Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU-calhoun2.jpg   Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU-calhoun3.jpg   Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU-calhoun4.jpg  

Old 09-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Typical Buck

On point awesome buck... I'd say 175-180" after velvet comes off.. Looks young too I'd have a hard time shooting him with the potential he has
Old 09-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by iayotehunter
On point awesome buck... I'd say 175-180" after velvet comes off.. Looks young too I'd have a hard time shooting him with the potential he has
Well, the story goes, I have all of Oct. to put him on the ground without any one else being on the 1000 acre farm. Nov. 1st we'll have others arriving at the farm to hunt until Nov. 23rd. After that, if he survives, Ill be back after him with the farm all to myself. There are a lot of other great bucks on the farm that are 125"+ (farm minimum) that Id be happy to harvest but Tallboy is one of 3 that are truly giant on this property. Im hoping with next weekends card pull (many that we've had out since June without checking) that Ill get on the other two's patterns. And because I have first crack at this property, Im going to set my sights on the really big boys & pray that I arrow one of them before anyone else shows up to hunt.

Last edited by On_Point; 09-22-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess the only way to know the score is to get him on the ground! Good Luck!!!
Old 09-22-2014, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mottz
I guess the only way to know the score is to get him on the ground! Good Luck!!!
That's the plan brother.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

I don't care what he scores, he is an awesome buck. That buck is a spitting Image of one of two bucks I want to harvest in my lifetime. 1. A absolute perfect monster 10,12,14 or 16 point and 2. a double drop. If you shoot him ill drive to Ill. and help you drag him out.
Do you have any daytime pics yet? If not be careful not to pressure him to hard early and run him off is my only suggestion. I know it will be hard but if its meant to be and you put your time in, it will happen. Good luck Buddy.
I wish I had 3 Monsters on my cameras.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by RisnerPSE
I don't care what he scores, he is an awesome buck. That buck is a spitting Image of one of two bucks I want to harvest in my lifetime. 1. A absolute perfect monster 10,12,14 or 16 point and 2. a double drop. If you shoot him ill drive to Ill. and help you drag him out.
Do you have any daytime pics yet? If not be careful not to pressure him to hard early and run him off is my only suggestion. I know it will be hard but if its meant to be and you put your time in, it will happen. Good luck Buddy.
I wish I had 3 Monsters on my cameras.
Good advice Ryan & if I put him down Ill be expecting ya to come help. No daytime pics yet but Ive only checked 2 cameras so far this year. We have 23 more cameras on this property to pull cards from. Ill make a solid plan of attack once I analyze all the cards.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:20 AM
Typical Buck

25 cameras holy crap id be in heaven going through those pics for hours with deer like that running around!
Old 09-23-2014, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife says I have way to many cameras. And I only have 6. If I had 25 I'm sure I could figure where all my deer are hiding. I'm jealous Captain! Of the deer also!
Old 09-23-2014, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by On_Point
Here are the 5 pics I have of him from this camera.

Tallboy has some really impressive headgear. His G2s, G3s & G4s are awesome. He's got to be pushing 50-70 inches there alone (Xs both sides). His main beams swoop forward pretty good too, at least 30-40 inches in length (Xs both sides). His brow tines really aren't that impressive, but Im estimating 3-5 inches per side, (Xs both sides = 6-10").

His main beam palmation looks really wide. His H1-H4 measurements are going to be good too, Im estimating between 16-20" per side (Xs both sides = 32-40"). His inside spread is difficult to determine but I estimate somewhere between 16-20"

He's gonna measure between 160"-190" by these estimates & Im guessing 160 is on the really low side of what this guy has on his head. Im putting my money on 180-200".

Now I just have to pattern this pig & get an arrow in him.
Soooo.....I'll be hunting with you this year!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.