HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2013 - 2014 HNI Bowhunting Deer Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2013-2014-hni-bowhunting-deer-contest-142/)
-   -   Team 2 Dead on Arrival (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2013-2014-hni-bowhunting-deer-contest/385959-team-2-dead-arrival.html)

Woodline Bucks 10-12-2013 03:37 AM

Team 2 Dead on Arrival

Here is a thread with our name included if you guys want to use it.

early in 10-12-2013 05:25 AM

Thanks Woodline, I wouldn't have known how to change the original thread title either. The participation level here seems to be about equal to my deer sightings. :s2:

Anyway, Woodline I know how you feel with the Public Land hunting thing. I hunt State Land, and after enough interuptions I learned to walk further back than most are willing to go. It's a longer drag with a deer, but it's worth the peace and quiet. Now, I only see another hunter on a rare occasion.

I'll be doing an evening hunt tonight since this nor-easter is about out of here! It's not the best wind, but I work with what I've got.

AR Bowhunter 10-13-2013 02:59 PM

I had a total of two hunts at the farm this weekend. Saturday morning was 70 degrees with thunderstorms an rain all day. That evening was sunshine an 84 degrees. Sunday morning was 70 degrees at daylight. I manage to see two small bucks.

early in 10-13-2013 03:09 PM

I didn't see squat last evening. That NE wind was TOO much! But, today I went in and reset one of my cams and came across 5 brand new scrapes! These are very close to one of my set-ups, so I can't wait to see what's making them. :happy0001:

jakeman3327 10-13-2013 03:49 PM

I hit up gander mountain today and got all of my last minute gear. Gettin excited to get out there.

Woodline Bucks 10-13-2013 07:05 PM

I will be hunting quite a bit this week. There is cooler weather coming so i hope to get at least a doe. I have a spot back in the area a ways that i am saving until closer to the rut. Good luck and good shooting!!

Woodline Bucks 10-15-2013 09:55 AM

I am getting ready to head to the stand this evening. I am going to be moving a stand to get closer to where the deer activity has been more consistent. It is overcast and still fairly warm, in the low 60s. The rains finally quit about 8 this morning so it should be an active evening. Good luck and good shooting!

iayotehunter 10-15-2013 04:16 PM

Early In- I saw your post in the score card. Every one is allowed one doe to count for 25pts. Contest rule #15 I believe, you also get your buck score along with the doe score if you harvest both

early in 10-16-2013 05:33 PM

Thanks iayoteman, I see that upon further reading. :s2:

I was out this evening with perfect conditions and didn't see squat again! Am I a victim of the October Lull? :mad: Bring on the Rut!!!

Woodline Bucks 10-16-2013 08:21 PM

I went out last night and called in 3 little bucks with a grunt call. I went back out this morning and saw 15 deer. I shot a doe. We will not get credit for it though as I was by myself and could not get a picture of me with it. It was a great hunt. I called in 2 more smaller bucks with a grunt call. One of the little bucks was sparring with the other. The winner snort wheezed as he walked after the loser. He then turned and made a scrape. I shot the doe at 15 yards and the arrow took out the bottom of her heart. She only went 75 yards.